• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1906 O Barber Quarter

9 posts in this topic

How do I insert bigger pictures? I get an error that says file size to large.

If you would like to upload bigger pictures use Imgur which is a site that creates urls for photos.

http://imgur.com/

Just hit the upload photo tab on the top of the screen.

I see lots of hairlines on the obverse, both in the fields and on the devices. Can't see any on the reverse, but it's almost all details.

AU details, Improperly cleaned

These Barber quarters are often times covered in die polish marks which to some, including myself early on... Can appear to be hairlines from a harsh cleaning.

That said, this particular coin has another tale-tale sign of an improper cleaning... from the pics, I would definitely say this is a "details" coin, and I cant quite tell in the pics, my instincts tell me its high AU, but I suppose there is a slight chance that it could be MS..

My guess: AU "details" improperly cleaned.

As difficult as it can be to grade based on images, Liberty's cheek tells me that the coin should not grade mint state (60 or higher).

To me it looks like there are a lot of lite hairlines. That leads me to believe that the coin was cleaned at some time and therefore AU58 at best.