• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTN: Franklin Regristry Players! 1963 Franklin proof PF69UltraCam. None finer!

24 posts in this topic

Hello. wanted to let ya'll know that I have what I am pretty sure is the nicest Franklin proof I have ever seen, its a 1963 proof in 69UltraCam. NGC has only 9 at this level. This one is completely spotless, NONE. Very very heavily frosted. just a monster Franklin.

20140709_121054-1_zps3fbef502.jpg

20140709_121139-1_zps248d12dc.jpg

Currently on Ebay, willing to entertain offers here!

EBAY LISTING 1963 FRANKLIN PF69ULTRACAMEO

Thank you.

asking price is way too much imo

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I can certainly see why someone could feel that way. How well do you know this particular market? Do you know of the one (63 in a PF69UC NGC holder) that was sold for well over 10K sometime within the last month?

Someone pointed out to me that my recent purchase was a bad buy because of rolls of Roosevelts that could yield 68's. But i mean the price for it is close to 10 grand. But couldn't the same happen to this one? I mean my uncle gave me a bunch of proof sets so i'm guessing it has to be possible somehow?

Someone pointed out to me that my recent purchase was a bad buy because of rolls of Roosevelts that could yield 68's. But i mean the price for it is close to 10 grand. But couldn't the same happen to this one? I mean my uncle gave me a bunch of proof sets so i'm guessing it has to be possible somehow?

Are you asking a specific question? If so, lets have some clarity.

Are you asking a specific question? If so, lets have some clarity.

What would make your coin a great buy. It is a modern as people would call it. There could be many more. So i'm asking, what would make this coin a good buy and that the pop wouldn't get filled later on if someone decides to bust out their hoard? When i asked about my dime many said since its a modern it was not a good buy and one even commented that they hope i can get out of it translating to that i can dump the coin for more than i paid. So for my question it pertains to the franklin since its a modern.

Im not hating on your coin. Im just simply asking. Any help from others to clarify what i asked is gladly appreciated.

:facepalm:

Do you realize you're in the SELLER's SELL THREAD?

Come on people.. What's wrong with you??

FWIW (and not that it matters, cause it REALLY DOESN'T) I think it is priced ok and in the right range.

FWIW (and not that it matters, cause it REALLY DOESN'T) I think it is priced ok and in the right range.

OMG!!! I don't even.... :facepalm:

Thank you my friend. thank you for the reply that helped me to not offend the kid... again....

Three points:

One, 1946 Roosevelt dimes are not Franklin halves. This seems rather elementary.

Two. Business strikes are not proof coins. (Ditto.) The Roosevelt dime in question is a business strike. We are talking about proofs of a different denomination, one far larger whose surfaces are much more liable to injury.

Three. The Franklin half dollars of 1963 are usually plagued by milk spots, hairlines, and/or lack of cameo contrast on one or both sides. An example such as this piece is NOT something that will ever get found in a ROLL. This piece shows fantastic preservation and TWO-SIDED DEEP CONTRAST. And most of the proof sets of this era have been well picked-over for the elusive Deep Cameo/Ultra Cameo coins.

Finally. In PR69 Deep Cameo PCGS has seen only 17 submissions (likely not all separate coins). NGC has seen only nine in the ultimate grade of PR69 Ultra Cameo. The last one offered at Heritage in PR69 Deep Cameo PCGS brought $7,638. No NGC examples in PR69 Ultra Cameo have been offered at Heritage since 2009, when one brought $3,450.

I now dismount my soapbox and let the gentleman get back to selling his coin.

Best Regards,

George

Three. The Franklin half dollars of 1963 are usually plagued by milk spots, hairlines, and/or lack of cameo contrast on one or both sides. An example such as this piece is NOT something that will ever get found in a ROLL. This piece shows fantastic preservation and TWO-SIDED DEEP CONTRAST. And most of the proof sets of this era have been well picked-over for the elusive Deep Cameo/Ultra Cameo coins.

I'll also add that when silver spiked, more of the "unopened" sets were opened and then sold for their bullion value rather than being held as numismatic commodities. So I think the odds of finding another 69 DCAM are lower than the odds for some of the other coins mentioned in this thread.

Given the responses in some of the BST threads lately I would like to see the mods step in and delete comments and give strikes.

If you have an issue other than a scam or non genuine then move along please.

GL with the sale

Given the responses in some of the BST threads lately I would like to see the mods step in and delete comments and give strikes.

If you have an issue other than a scam or non genuine then move along please.

GL with the sale

Ill second that.

Although I'm not sure anything is gonna change. Last time someone posted a nasty comment on my BST thread, I replied (not so nicely) to them - and I got banned. Not both of us - just me.

This is a stunning example for the date and grade. Extremely rare in this condition. The contrast looks pretty even on both obverse and reverse. You should have no problem finding a home for that specimen.

Verrry nice coin. One correction though, NGC has certified one 69* ucam. IMO this coin is a very good candidate for a star. If I did not already have a 69 ucam, I would be interested in this one. Care to trade? Just kidding. Good buy for someone.

Thank you my friend. thank you for the reply that helped me to not offend the kid... again....

First of all, I am not a kid. Second, it was MY opinion. Like it or not.

How would you like it if someone dumped on a sales thread that you posted? Opinion or not, there are proper venues for expressing such opinions and someone's sales thread is not one of them.

Who cares? The OP never asked you for your opinions (or anyone's..), this is just a thread where he tries to sell the coin.

actually, I didn't have an issue whatsoever with your original reply to this thread.... when I referenced "the kid"... I was referring to the other guy who commented after you, his post was so out of line and unfounded I had no words... That particular user is 16 yrs. old.... just a "kid" ;)

With all that being said, I do feel you were out of line to share what you did on my thread here. Not that it mattered much to me, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and stating like you did simply let me know that you are not up to speed or at all familiar with this particular market currently...

By the way, I am open to reasonable offers on this coin.

On any and all coins I have listed on Ebay, and here.. If we do the transaction here, (versus Ebay) I will always pass the saved seller's fees onto the buyer.