• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Proof Sets

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering people opinion about the 1999 Silver Proof Set, the 2001 Silver Proof Set and the 2004 Silver Proof set. How high do you think the first two might go. I have heard several comments (not from coin vault) that these two might rise even higher if new collectors continue to come into the hobby. Also, with the Saq dollar atopping and the new Jeff Nickels, is there any chance that the 2004 Silver Proof set might see a substantial increase. Your thoughts?

It is all supply and demand. With the modern registry sets, lots of coins are broken out of the original mint holders making the sets even scarcer. I even collect the clad and silver proof sets as a side-collection and these sets appeal to novice and part-time collectors alike. This makes low mintage sets even scarcer which gives them very good investment potential when bought at the issue price.