• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Heritage online auction win/invoice

8 posts in this topic

So,

I don't win often on Heritage's online auctions, since I am a cheap@$$ with my money and don't want to make an expensive mistake if I can't see the coin, or have someone that can as a proxy, but I did win a 1/2c upgrade to my collection tonight from a bid from over a week ago (just got home and was surprised to see a message in my inbox saying I won....I had forgotten about the bid and didn't expect to win.....even at 1 bid under my max ;) ).

I go to the "PAY NOW" link in the email, sign into HA, but I have no pending invoices.

They state in the email that it will be sent out to me even before paying (which is cool), but I firmly believe in timely payment (by me) whenever possible (ie....I am not traveling/away from a PC/etc). So, I would like to pay them and will likely call them tomorrow as long as nothing takes precedence (some family medical issues have been occurring, so I am just being honest on the fact something may come up...and no internet in the doctor's office/hospital...have to step outside even for the phone to work).

So, the question is: Is this normal? Do the email invoices precede the online invoices by a day or two? If I wait a day, it will show up? Do I need to call (for those that may have seen this in the past)?

Bochiman,

I've won many items at Heritage and usually when the invoice arrives in your e-mail box, you can pay the invoice immediately as there is one in your Heritage account online. Even for the 2 day weekly internet auctions, the first day invoice is sent and payable before the second day closes.

Sometimes for large multiple day auctions, I've experienced a delay in getting an invoice, but not in the manner you describe.

Joe

I don't know the answer to your question. But I do know someone there who can view auction lots for you if you want an opinion, before bidding. ;)

Yes Bochi, I've had that happen several times. The email you receive is almost instant when the lot closes, and it may take up to a day or two for the actual invoice to be created. Like you, when I see the email I try to pay right away - but sometimes I have to delay a bit. The invoice may also be delayed if your coin was in one session of a multi-day auction - they will wait to create the invoice until the Monday after the auction closes and group all your winnings from the auction onto one invoice.

I usually get an email within 2 hours of the auction ending; but, I usually wait until the next day to actually be able to view and pay the invoice. Seems to be the norm, and not that big of a deal.

Heritage has the best coin auction site, hands down. I never have to dig around for my lots that I won, their communication is prompt and professional, and their online viewing of auction lots and the search mechanism is light years ahead of the other big (or small) online auction houses. I have absolutely no affiliation with Heritage, but Kudos to those who are a part of their team. (thumbs u

Bingo!

You are all 100% correct. Thank you.

I was just jumping the gun and didn't realize the timing discrepancy.

As I said, there are some things going on in my life right now such that I just want to take care of things, I can, asap....particularly when a person, or business, affords me such respect as saying they will ship before payment.

Mark - I know ;) Thank you. I just haven't been as active looking and seeing what I would be after, lately, but this one came into my email as a preset "notify me if...." type of thing and was within a low enough budget to go ahead.

Besides, I don't want to bother that important, super busy, person needlessly.