• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUNE 6, 2014

9 posts in this topic

On this historic date please join me in Thanking all of the members who are Veterans for their sacrifice and service. It is through their efforts that we have the freedom to enjoy our wonderful hobby.

THANK YOU, VETERANS!

Thank you Uncle Robert. Your bravery and skill (and you would say Luck) as a member of the "Big Red One" not only brought you through the Normandy landing but throughout the march to Bastogne and all the way to Frankfurt. You, and the men with whom you served deserve our everlasting honor and thanks.

While I'm at it--although neither of you are still around to hear it--thank you Dad for your Naval service in the Pacific in the submarine service. Thanks also to Uncle Floyd USMC--took the long walk at Bataan and survived the rest of the war in a Japanese POW camp.

Surprised there wasn't a thread about today ATS. The first image is of my Grandfather's Kbar and M1 bayonet. Served in the Coast Guard during WWII and was part of an operation which flushed out Nazi soldiers taking refuge in Greenland. The second image is very popular, the 5 star in the center needs no introduction. God bless those serving, those who served and those who gave all.

DSC_4024_zps19056f88.jpg

june6th_zps77114a77.jpg

Thank you to all who have served!!!! :golfclap:

Assorted members of "The Wolfpack"...

WolfPack56Sm.jpg

WolfPack56SigsL.jpg

56-62ndSquadron.jpg