• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eugene Gardner Collection

7 posts in this topic

I was browsing the latest issue of "Heritage Magazine for the Intelligent Collector", the cover story is about the Eugene Gardner Collection. The magazine article highlights Mr. Gardners collection as being the greatest collection of silver coinage ever assembled. Not sure of that claim but the collection has some incredible coins.

See for yourself. www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3843&

I was browsing the latest issue of "Heritage Magazine for the Intelligent Collector", the cover story is about the Eugene Gardner Collection. The magazine article highlights Mr. Gardners collection as being the greatest collection of silver coinage ever assembled. Not sure of that claim but the collection has some incredible coins.

The statement contained in the link you provided says "Eugene H. Gardner's current collection is widely considered by numismatic experts to be among the finest collections of silver coinage ever assembled." That is very different from saying "The magazine article highlights Mr. Gardners collection as being the greatest collection of silver coinage ever assembled".

In my humble opinion its the greatest I've seen! I been waiting for this to hit! Most people would feel honored to own a beat up 1872CC dime but Eugene has a MS65 that's drop dead gorgeous! Most would enjoy a 1916 Standing Liberty Quarter with a full date. Eugene has a MS65FH. Proofs coming out of the wazoo... Not just any proofs! Rare proofs! 1845O dime in MS69.... yep I wrote that right! MS69! I could go on and on! But as I stroll the catalog this is more the stuff I enjoy rather than the EPN collection and I believe most will agree ! We will see what the auctions have to say!

The statement contained in the link you provided says "Eugene H. Gardner's current collection is widely considered by numismatic experts to be among the finest collections of silver coinage ever assembled." That is very different from saying "The magazine article highlights Mr. Gardners collection as being the greatest collection of silver coinage ever assembled".

Accurate correction, "among the finest" is the correct qualifier. Gardner's collections are truly amazing. I wish I could find a link to the article. Gardner's answers to the interview questions and his brief bio gives some great insight into his collecting philosophy and development as a numismatist.

Mark, do you know of a link to the article itself?

Carl

Accurate correction, "among the finest" is the correct qualifier. Gardner's collections are truly amazing. I wish I could find a link to the article. Gardner's answers to the interview questions and his brief bio gives some great insight into his collecting philosophy and development as a numismatist.

Mark, do you know of a link to the article itself?

Carl

I don't Carl, but if I find one I will post it here.

I believe this is his collection

yeoldeone

Followers: 34

Total Coin Registry Points: 8,062,004 Rank: 2

I thought that "ye old one" is Eric P. Newman.

I could be wrong, but that collection has dropped way down in the total number of points recently, which would coincide with the Newman auctions. I think it used to be over 15 million points. :o To put that number in perspective, I have just over 812,000 total registry points. :tonofbricks: