• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw and graded uncirculated Washington quarters (some with pretty album toning!)

2 posts in this topic

For sale here:

These are a few quarters I have left from a complete set that I bought raw 15 years ago. They're all uncirculated, with the possible exception of the 1937, many in higher grades. The toning is from the Dansco album where I stored them until a few years ago. The second group, in particular, I held out previously when I sold most of the rest of the set due to its pretty matching rim toning patterns.

Payment by check, money order, Dwolla, or Paypal + 3%. Add $2.25 per order for normal shipping / $5.85 for priority mail. 7-day returns (excluding shipping).

Please note: I have no grading experience except what I've gathered from a number of quarters from the set that I've submitted to NGC over the last few years. My grade estimates on a few of the raw coins are based on that. If you have additional questions about the condition of a coin or you think one of my estimates is off, please let me know.

* Group 1, raw. Some earlier dates; more toning and mostly lower grades than the rest. The 1937 may be AU. Group price: $83 for all 4 or $74 for the 1935-1939.

- 1935. $18. Has a patch of light hairlines/abrasion in the left obverse field (hard to see) and a hard area of corrosion along the lower rim, otherwise nice (with more luster than the pictures suggest). One more picture can be found here.

1.jpg2.jpg

- 1937. $20. Pretty obverse toning, light hairlines or scuff marks in both obverse fields and maybe (?) a very slight trace of wear on the high points. I think very high AU? I'm not good at this grade level.

1.jpg2.jpg

- 1939. $40 OBO. Pretty clean surfaces, somewhat subdued luster. I might say MS 65 except for a well-concealed scratch along the contour near the base of Washington's neck. The pictures are pretty accurate except for a small line of very light abrasion in the left obverse field that's not shown.

1.jpg2.jpg

- 1946. $10. Patchy haze / whitish toning, though not nearly as splotchy as the pictures suggest, especially on the reverse. (The mottled darker colors in the pictures are not really apparent in hand.)

1.jpg2.jpg

* Group 2, raw. Matching set with similar pretty "matte frosty" luster (bright, though not exactly brilliant) and reverse rim toning patterns. They're all higher grade except for the 1948-S, which has two notable marks but otherwise matches the rest. They'd make a nice set to buy together, but I'll also sell them individually.

Note: The reverse rim toning, and some of the obverse toning, looks too dark in most of the pictures. It's actually more of a medium to light orange. The second reverse picture of the 1948-S, though overexposed, most accurately depicts the color on all 4 coins, but even it is slightly too dark.

- 1948-S. $15. The second obverse picture is at an angle to show the two notable marks in the fields. Otherwise, the surfaces are clean, and the coin looks very much like the other 3. (There's not actually a noticeable difference in color between this coin and the others; the pictures were just taken at different times.)

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

- 1952-S. $50 OBO. Minimal marks. MS-65+ or MS-66. (I only have two quarters graded 66 to compare it to. If an experienced grader buys it, I'd be interested to know your opinion.) This one has the "matte" luster effect the most strongly of the set.

1952-S-1.jpg1952-S-2.jpg

* Group 3, NGC graded. Group price: $45 for the 1947 and 1953.

- 1943-S, NGC MS 65. $50. Pretty subdued matte frost, few marks. I suspect the grade is limited only by a small scratch in the left reverse field.

0.jpg4.jpg

- 1947, NGC MS 63. $15.

2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

- 1953, NGC MS 65. $25. Actually has quite nice bright luster not captured in the pictures.

3.jpg1.jpg

2.jpg4.jpg