• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Post Pictures in This Forum (Attachment?)

5 posts in this topic

I do not have any problem posting a picture when I post a Journal, but under this Forum U.S. Coins, I am at a lost. I noticed some are listed as an attachment.

Can someone help an illiterate and put it in English were a Pollock can understand it!

Thank You.

I often say with these modern technologies, if I can do it I could teach anyone to do it, but I have trouble getting images to be the right size here so I just post a link to my imgur image. I hear photobucket is good too. It takes about 5 minutes to set up an account free with imgur. You take your scan or digital image, plug it into imgur; copy and paste the link and then you use the image icon in the expanded posting option here.

(1) Set up an account with Photobucket.

(2) Once the (free) account is set up, sign in with the username and password you chose.

(3) Click the orange "Upload" box at the top of the page.

(4) Drag photos from your desktop into the drop box that showed up after you clicked "Upload."

(5) At this point, your photos will automatically upload into your library.

(6) Once the photos have finished being uploaded, click "Library" at the top left of the page. This will bring you to your photos.

(7) Click the photo you would like to upload to the boards. This will bring you to a larger view of the picture.

(8) On the right side of the page, you will see, in this order, "Email & IM", "Direct", "HTML", and "IMG" which are all located under the "Links to Share this Photo" box... Click the letters and numbers that are to the immediate right of "IMG." This will automatically copy the information in that box.

(9) Paste that information in the text box that you are writing in on the Boards. It will show up in, what seems like, random numbers, letters and symbols. Once you click "Submit" the photos will show up in the thread.

Thank you !

I'm going to give Photobucket a try as soon as the USPS drops a coin off that I got at auction (Heritage) Its a great coin to me---others might not agree---but its a 2011 P Reverse Proof and I will try to post the picture here.

Don't hold your breath, I'm slow but good!