• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not finding certified Eagle proofs

6 posts in this topic

Anyone else having problems with the certification database? I purchased a certified proof silver eagle from a reputable dealer and I have been trying to enter it in my collection. When I enter the cert number the collection manager tells me it can't find the coin. I have also tried to look up the coin on the NGC web site and I also tried to look it up using the NGC app on my phone.

I contacted NGC to inquire about the certification and they say the number is valid and I must have entered it incorrectly or forgotten the dash. I have been entering certification numbers into my collection manager for several years now and have never had a problem. I have also entered the number using 3 different computers and three different people, surely all of us can't be wrong?

Just asking if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks

Rich

That's odd. NGC comes back and says the number is valid (which is a good thing), but when you go to enter it your collection, you come up empty. Is that what you are saying?

Logic tells me you're entering the number incorrectly, but I trust you've been there and done that from your OP.

Do you want to share the cert with someone via PM and have them try to enter it? I'd be happy to try.

Caps Lock or Num Lock key? Well, not on 3 different computers....

NGC is looking into the issue. I haven't tried it today so I don't know if they figured it out or not. I have had 2 other people try it on their computer and got the same response (can't locate} and I have been entering numbers into my collections for three+ years now with no problems. I also have a doctorate in CS so I do know my way around a computer.

Success! I just entered my Silver Eagle and it was accepted. Don't know what the problem was but it's fixed now. Thanks for all the suggestions.