• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

13 posts in this topic

This is the 3rd graded with 8 MS66 better. This will be available at the ANA show this summer or here. PM for price. I don't need to be crucified for asking a price based on it's new grade.

From the forum administrator and posted here:

"If selling directly form here, you must list specific items with purchase prices".

I paid $1040 when this coin was in a $250 holder. I paid $94 for grading. Got lucky and now in a grade that sells $3500 some more, for uninteresting plain white coins. Started at $5k offers considered. Color should be worth a little more. You guys like nothing more than to rip a guy a new one when he's "caught" trying to making some money. I can count on one hand deals like this that have come my way but maybe the honorable thing to do is ask 10% over my cost. Everyone accepts a 10% profit right ?

I paid $1040 when this coin was in a $250 holder. I paid $94 for grading. Got lucky and now in a grade that sells $3500 some more, for uninteresting plain white coins. Started at $5k offers considered. Color should be worth a little more. You guys like nothing more than to rip a guy a new one when he's "caught" trying to making some money. I can count on one hand deals like this that have come my way but maybe the honorable thing to do is ask 10% over my cost. Everyone accepts a 10% profit right ?

Who crucified you? hm You had the coin listed at $5K and included CoinFacts images along with the NGC obverse slab shot...it wasn't rocket science to figure out what it was graded in its previous PCGS holder.

I never mentioned a thing about your price, I actually said it was a lovely coin. (shrug)

I think you can ask whatever price you want regardless of what you paid. If someone agree with your valuation then you have a deal and if not you negotiate down.

It was a really nice coin. I don't think $5k was a crazy asking price at all. Agentjim you got the upgrade you should definitely reap the benefits. Anyone who wants to see the coin can follow the link to the pcgs images...see for yourself. Quite lovely IMO. (shrug)