• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unvailing of...The Purple people eater Quarter.......?

6 posts in this topic

Considering the scan showed a black hunk of metal......I rather liked how this purchase turned out. For you sellers out there selling on Ebay....please keep posting crappy pictures so I can keep getting nice coins at bargain prices 893applaud-thumb.gif

1961QuarterPCGSPR.jpg

By the way the colors are even more vibrant than the scans show. The obverse features just the purple visable in the scan, the reverse is Orange and gold at the bottom blending into pink in the middle, and purple at the top and bright blue at the side. I am planning on unplugging it tonight so I can get some sleep acclaim.gif

Grade is irrelevant on this one since it's a common coin, but it's in a PCGS PR67 holder.

That's one very nice black hunk of metal! You gotta wonder about some of the sellers on eBay (as well as other auction venues) that sell their coins with extremely poor pics! Finding these kinds of "black hunk" pictures is well in itself, a way to get a good deal for your money!

Hmmm...wonder if I did a search for "black hunks" would I get any hits? wink.gif

Yes the only bad part of the story was he had a nother one that looked just like this one in the scan....black as Ebony and I didn't pull the trigger on it. That one also had a description of several different colors foreheadslap.gif

Pretty piece! I bought a proof 67* quarter from RWW a while back (it's a 1960) and it's a stunner! Grade be damned.

Hoot