• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin forum member alleges USPS has access to your E-Bay package contents & price

34 posts in this topic

If the information PROVIDED BY EBAY is in the system it would always be there. The problem everyone is having was created by EBAY. If you do not use their labels, this problem, if it is true, would not happen. I still do not understand all the uproar about a postal employee knowing what is in a package as compared with my other examples.....Jerry (MAILMAN)

I am glad to know that my life doesn't mean much to some members of this forum. So I guess it's alright if some insufficiently_thoughtful_person is stalking one of you and I have no right as a postal employee to know that the package I am carrying to your front door doesn't contain a bomb. Do you demand that the bank tellers computer screen shows you have $ amount of money in your savings, or your insurance agent has no right to demand to see the $50,000 in coins you want to add to your insurance. The list could go on and on. As a federal employee, having gone thru an extensive background check, I feel I deserve a little more respect in the handling of your daily activities than some underpaid cashier working at a store where you do not think twice about handing your credit card to them. I think this will be the last USPS thread I read or comment on. Jerry (MAILMAN)

Locks are for honest people. If you think that there are not thieves within the USPS simply because you are not a thief, then you are very naive.

If the information PROVIDED BY EBAY is in the system it would always be there. The problem everyone is having was created by EBAY. If you do not use their labels, this problem, if it is true, would not happen. I still do not understand all the uproar about a postal employee knowing what is in a package as compared with my other examples.....Jerry (MAILMAN)

Ya know, considering that you work for the USPS, you could settle the whole debate, if you wanted.

That makes a lot of sense. I had to pick up a package up at the post office about a month ago because it had postage due. The seller had it shipped media mail and I had to pay more "because this package doesn't qualify as media mail". I assumed it was a x-Ray type scanner, but now I'm curious. I will have to ask my mailman for info....I give him free contacts for the amount work I create for him....he owes me lol

The post office has legal authority to open media mail packages to verify there contents.