• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Coin Thoughts

3 posts in this topic

Odds and ends

I've had some random coin related thoughts since my last journal that I thought I would share.

I helped out at a different branch today. Evidently, to my dismay, someone deposited 40 Morgan Dollars there. The depositor didn't know what he had and the branch didn't realize their value either. Unfortunately, someone got them before I did. A day late and a Morgan Dollar short. lol

I am working on a 20th Century type set folder for my niece. She saw me pUtting coins into it on Friday. She sat down in front of me and was very fascinated. I'm not sure if she she was truly interested or if she just saw "money" for her piggy bank. She will be 3 in August, so she has some time before she gets them.

Speaking of type sets, I had a surprisingly hard time finding coins for the MS Buffalo short set I wanted to start, so I am going to finally pull the trigger on a 20th Century Type Set. I am going to build it slowly with as many Top Pops as I can reasonably afford. I look forward to adding my first coin to it.

That is it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying the hobby in some way this week. I know I am enjoying looking at a lot of your sets.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Hey Marcus,

Sorry to hear about you missing those Morgans my friend!! This isn't knowingly as bad, but in February my girlfriend and I missed out on a ton of halves at a bank a friend of hers works at because my little Volkswagen Beetle was in the shop having some body work done!! You know, when you miss out on something like that, you kick yourself and say " Man!! I KNOW those were all silver!!" At least, I did anyway. So I can only imagine what you're going through. But, anytime we miss out on coins, my girlfriend likes to say that means that there's something better waiting down the road. I like that way of thinking, and it's proven true many times!!

As for your Type Set pursuit, it sounds like a great project!! My girlfriend is the US collector in our relationship, and one of her main pursuits is her US Type Collection. I've seen her have so much fun with that set, and it's fun for me to visit her coins and watch her enjoy them. She's had so much fun doing her US Type, I'm actually going to start working on a post-1844 Ottoman Type Set of my own. Type Sets are such a fun way of collecting!

Also.....good luck bringing your niece over to our team!!!

~Tom