• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Found A Good Dealer

9 posts in this topic

I just found a good dealer in bullion/proof coins. The name of the company is Canadian Bullion Services out of Toronto Cananda. Note: They usually ship for about $20. However, I decided to save $ and pick up my order in person since I was in town visiting relatives. Note: I live in the US about 120 mi away. I told the guy on the phone (Jamie) that I'd like to pickup the prder in person and pay on cash. (Note: I've heard too many stories of how customers payed by check or wire and had to wait over a month. I like to pay in person and get my order right away.)The order was placed over the phone on tuesday and I told him I would pick it up on the following Monday. Two day later I got an email stating that my order would arrive in the mail on friday. I emailed Jamie to tell him to cancell the shipping. He said that he only had 1/2 the order at his office (50 silver maple leafs) and that he had to ship the rest. He said that since he promised to have it at his office he would not charge me for shipping. That seemed fair.

On Monday I went to his office and paid for the full order in cash. I received 1/2 of the order at that time. The next day the other 1/2 arrived at my home. Now, HE HAD SHIPPED THE ORDER EVEN BEFORE I PAID HIM. (How often does that happen?) The point is that he shipped me the order on faith that I would pay him. If I was a day late I could have kept the coins and not paid him. Of course I would never do that, but he didn't know that. His prices beat my local guy, but only because I eliminated shipping. (Note: other companies online are also cheaper) I also had to pay $35 in gas for the car, but I was in town anyway so I took advantage of it. I would never drive just for the coins. Afterall, it was a 250 mi round trip. However, the next time I'm in town I'll be sure to place another order.

Gee - that's exactly what I want to do: cross an international border in this post-9/11 paranoid world with precious metals in my car.

Just out of curiosity, what did the Customs guys say when you crossed the border and how much was the duty?

Was there Canadian VAT on your coins?

If so, did you file to get it back?

I just found a good dealer in bullion/proof coins. The name of the company is Canadian Bullion Services out of Toronto Cananda. Note: They usually ship for about $20. However, I decided to save $ and pick up my order in person since I was in town visiting relatives. Note: I live in the US about 120 mi away. I told the guy on the phone (Jamie) that I'd like to pickup the prder in person and pay on cash. (Note: I've heard too many stories of how customers payed by check or wire and had to wait over a month. I like to pay in person and get my order right away.)The order was placed over the phone on tuesday and I told him I would pick it up on the following Monday. Two day later I got an email stating that my order would arrive in the mail on friday. I emailed Jamie to tell him to cancell the shipping. He said that he only had 1/2 the order at his office (50 silver maple leafs) and that he had to ship the rest. He said that since he promised to have it at his office he would not charge me for shipping. That seemed fair.

On Monday I went to his office and paid for the full order in cash. I received 1/2 of the order at that time. The next day the other 1/2 arrived at my home. Now, HE HAD SHIPPED THE ORDER EVEN BEFORE I PAID HIM. (How often does that happen?) The point is that he shipped me the order on faith that I would pay him. If I was a day late I could have kept the coins and not paid him. Of course I would never do that, but he didn't know that. His prices beat my local guy, but only because I eliminated shipping. (Note: other companies online are also cheaper) I also had to pay $35 in gas for the car, but I was in town anyway so I took advantage of it. I would never drive just for the coins. Afterall, it was a 250 mi round trip. However, the next time I'm in town I'll be sure to place another order.

Frank1 stop the very transparent shilling for the bullion site Canadian Bullion Services. The story line is old. Try phising other web sites.

Carl

Why are you surprised that he sent you the coins before you paid him?

I'm surprised that YOU paid HIM for a full order cash, in person, and only got HALF the order in hand.

If anything, paying cash would leave YOU in a bad spot if this DEALER decided not to ship the coins to you.

In any case, I find it very VERY hard to believe that a bullion dealer would ship out an order to a new FIRST TIME customer before receiving full payment, especially for an order placed on the phone. You praise him for it, but I would probably tell him to his face that he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and won't survive in this business very long.

Actually, after reading this user's other post advertising for another coin whole seller "he just found", where he mentions their name more than once, say the "even take credit card" and list their "low" shipping fee and their credentials, I have to agree with Carl.

Ignore my previous comment

Since the silver I bought was legal tender they could not charge anything. Each silver maple leaf has a $5 face value. To tell you the truth they didn't even search my car. If they did I would claim it as a currency exchange.

WOW. You guys are really suspicious. I was simply sharing my experience so that you could benefit by my experience.

Yonico: I received an email from Canada Post notifying me of the delivery date. Canada Post told me the weight and that an adult signature was required. So, the order was already in the system. I Knew the delivery date. In fact it was supposed to arrive on Saturday, but it got held up in customs. I paid him in person with cash on Monday. Tuesday the other 1/2 of the order arrived. I could have screwed him if I didn't arrive in person to pay him. THE REASON I SHARED THIS STORY IS BECAUSE IT WAS UNUSUAL. . I really don't care if you find it hard to believe.

Then you reply with this:

Actually, after reading this user's other post advertising for another coin whole seller "he just found", where he mentions their name more than once, say the "even take credit card" and list their "low" shipping fee and their credentials, I have to agree with Carl.

No, I wasn't advetising for the other company. I was asking if anyone had used them. Does it make sense that I would advertise for two different companies?

If you read my post you'll see that I didn't mention the company more than once. I also said that I would only use him if I was in Canada again. With shipping his prices were too high. The only reason I bought from him is because I was in town to visit relatives. I plan to use my local guy for future purchases. I won't tell you the name of my local dealer because then you'll accuse me of advertising for him as well. If I did that it would be three different companies I would be advertising for right? In fact I should contact these companies and demand a commission. Again: . I was simply sharing my experience so that you could benefit by it. You can take it or leave it. I could care less.

What a bunch of Aholes.

The Great Lakes were created during withdrawal of the polar ice sheet. Glaciers left rocks and boulders behind. You never know what's under one of them.

Frank1 stop the very transparent shilling for the bullion site Canadian Bullion Services. The story line is old. Try phising other web sites.

Carl

I thought you were being unfair and jumping to conclusions. And that was both before and after a subsequent post by the poster.