• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD- The Art and Craft of Coinmaking by Denis Cooper and more! *Trade?

7 posts in this topic

The Art and Craft of Coinmaking by Denis Cooper. Here is the desciption from a sale by Charles Davis (sold for $450):

Denis Cooper: The Art and Craft of Coin Making, Spink, London, 1988, 264 pages, well illustrated, laminated boards, quarto. Written by the retired Chief Engineer of the Royal Mint, this well illustrated work explores the coin making process as it evolved since the Renaissance. The sole work of its kind, long out of print and perhaps the most sought after title in the English language.

This example displays only the slightest use on the cover, where under careful inspection, it is lightly impressed or scuffed. For sale at $SOLD. This is likely the cheapest you will find one, if you can find one at all.

The Early Quarter Dollars of the United States Mint by Rea, Peterson, Karoleff, Kovach, Deluxe Edition

This book is a deluxe, leather-bound edition of Early Quarter Dollars of the United States Mint 1796-1838 by Rea, et. al. The "mintage" was set at 50 signed and number copies, but my example is neither. After some intensive "Google-ing" I learned that 5 unsigned, unnumbered copies were produced, one which, is mine. The book is bound in black leather and includes 15 high quality plates of coins from the collection of Eric P. Newman, it is quite a sight to behold Very Fine (Near New) condition. These were offered for $500 by the authors and sold out very quickly. This book is exceptionally rare and only 2 or 3 have shown up on the secondary market. Now on ebay at this link Deluxe Quarter Dollar, if you'd like to buy it through this forum, the cost is $SOLD.

Also available is the last copy of Bruce Fox's The Complete Guide to Walking Liberty Half Dollars. The book is in excellent condition with the exception of fading on the spine and the edges of the cover. SOLD

If you would like to see pictures of any of the books, please send me a message and I will get them to you right away.

Terms:

Payment is accepted through Paypal (+3%), Check, or Money Order

If payment is through check, I will ship after payment clears, unless we've done business before

Shipping is via Media Mail with Insurance

All books are sold with a 14 day return policy if you're not satisfied for any reason

References available upon request.

Thanks for looking,

Jesse

I thought I should mention, I would be happy to consider a trade for other numismatic literature for either of these books. I'm most interested in literature concerning Colonial and Early Federal coinage.