• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1925-dated Poland "Jadwiga" (2009) Restrike 100 Zlotych -- NGC PF67 UltraCam

1 post in this topic

FOR SALE

1925-dated Poland Silver 100 Zlotych "Jadwiga" restrike (mintage 500 pieces)

Send me a Private Message (PM) or reply in this thread if interested.

Coin information: This design was originally intended for gold Polish coins in denominations of 10, 20, 50, and 100 Zlotych planned to be struck around 1925. The gold coins never came to be, and only made it to the pattern stage (which are extremely scarce). The design was resurrected in 1932 for use on silver coinage, but with the original text on the obverse moved to the reverse; however, this design was short-lived on circulation coinage and was only used from 1932-34.

In 2009, the Polish Mint issued 500 sets of 4 "replica" coins in 0.925 silver corresponding to the original intended gold denominations of 10, 20, 50, and 100 Zlotych. These issues were a part of the annual continued offerings by the Polish Mint to commemorate the 240th anniversary of their mint. I have an extra 100 Zlotych coin in my collection, so I'm offering it here. It is quite large (almost Silver Dollar size). Each of the sets were individually numbered on the edge of each included coin -- this coin comes from set # 401 (of the total issue of 500 pieces). The coin is graded PF67UC by NGC, with very nice surfaces. The 67 grade is likely because of a small patch of haze just below the head band on the veil (not visible under most lighting -- but you can see it in the slab shots below).

More historical information about this coin design can be found in a blog I wrote at this link. In particular, while this design is referred to by most as "Jadwiga," the woman depicted on the obverse is not Queen Jadwiga, but rather a personification of Poland -- Polonia.

Terms of sale: Payment is accepted by personal check, cashier's check, or PayPal (preferred). Sale price includes USPS First Class package shipping and insurance in the lower-48 USA. Coin ships after payment is received in full (and clears, if applicable). Returns are accepted with no questions asked for 14 days after receiving the coin. Buyer pays return shipping and insurance and payment is refunded after coin is safely returned to me. If I don't recognize you from the boards, or haven't dealt with you before, references may be requested.

=====================================================================

Price: Moved to another thread

2006_Poland_100Z_Restrike_NGC_PF67UCAM_closeups_zpse93d2c55.jpg

2006_Poland_100Z_Restrike_NGC_PF67UCAM_edge_number_401_zpse02ccfa4.jpg

2006_Poland_100Z_Restrike_NGC_PF67UCAM_slabs_zpsefe7ddf5.jpg