• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The hoard that wasn't.....common Silver again

1 post in this topic

Today was one of those rare days when someone actually brought a coin collection to work to have me look a over the coins and give them a value. I was told their were quite a few Silver Dollars, Merc dimes, Indian Head cents, Silver Halves, Silver quarters etc...and quite a few were on holders.

I have to admit I had gotten my hopes up that their might be a key date flating around in their somewhere. Alas.........common silver, probably half of the coins are dated 1964 (Quarters, Dimes, Halves). Their were 3 Uncirculated Peace Dollars, (1) 1882-O Morgan in VG condition, 3 Indian Head pennies in VG (cleaned). Really a little bit of everything, but quite a bit well circulated ot heavily cleaned or both. The best looking coins were about half a roll on borderline uncirculated Bi-centenial Quarters.

So as I typically do.......I took the coins home with me and I am going to put each coin in a 2X2 and then put them in an Album for the guy. It's his fathers coins and just becuase their isn't a lot of value doesn't mean the coins can't be stored properly, and made to look a little more asthetically pleasing. He's a good friend of mine and 6 bucks worth of 2X2's isn't going to break the bank. It's my little way of trying to expand the hobby for others.

A few of the coins have tape residue on them and or what looks like PVC so I will give them an Acetone dip first. The coins that were already in 2X2's aren't safe either as these 2X2 look like they are older than I am. 893whatthe.gif

Here is a picture of the Hoard I got to look through...

Hoard.jpg