• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Coins Do You Have ?

39 posts in this topic

I have maybe 400 total, most being common Washies, Franklies and Morgans. I have a handfull of silver bars and some sets. All told just a few thousand dollars worth (give or take a few thousand).

I can understand some being guarded. All scared that the guvment wants to know what they're up to. Too much Rush Limbaugh?

Gee, I think you are paranoid.....

President who feels he can kill any Americans he deems to be a potential terrorist,

IRS controls all your health information...

Sheesh... ya... too much Limbaugh.... definitely... :whistle:

IRS controls our health info? Huh? Which president are you referring to? All of them or someone specific?

Best, HT

IRS controls our health info? Huh? Which president are you referring to? All of them or someone specific?Best, HT

I think he was alluding to the IRS enforcement/involvement with the tax/penalties for non-compliance with the 'Affordable' Care Act.

FWIW, I think another seizure of gold or private property like in 1933 is impossible. The Middle Class would revolt in this country. Very few of the Forbes 400 have much of their wealth or savings in gold bullion or bars in their house.

FWIW, I think another seizure of gold or private property like in 1933 is impossible. The Middle Class would revolt in this country. Very few of the Forbes 400 have much of their wealth or savings in gold bullion or bars in their house.

I don't think the government has to seize gold in private hands. I think these "We Buy Gold and Silver" shops that are on almost every street corner are doing just fine in taking gold out of the American hands. Sure you can still buy gold, but I bet if you were to compare how much gold was in citizens hands before the upswing in the price of gold to what is in our hands currently you'd see a big difference.

At present I have 12 in my pocket and about the same number in my so-called "collection." I think the collection is worth more, but haven't checked prices in a few decades.

I have maybe 400 total, most being common Washies, Franklies and Morgans. I have a handfull of silver bars and some sets. All told just a few thousand dollars worth (give or take a few thousand).

I can understand some being guarded. All scared that the guvment wants to know what they're up to. Too much Rush Limbaugh?

Gee, I think you are paranoid.....

President who feels he can kill any Americans he deems to be a potential terrorist,

IRS controls all your health information...

Sheesh... ya... too much Limbaugh.... definitely... :whistle:

IRS controls our health info? Huh? Which president are you referring to? All of them or someone specific?

Best, HT

Our current President put the IRS in as the watchdog on the healthcare system...I had a real chill go down my back this year when doing my taxes and the software asked about my healthcare coverage....

I don't think the government has to seize gold in private hands. I think these "We Buy Gold and Silver" shops that are on almost every street corner are doing just fine in taking gold out of the American hands. Sure you can still buy gold, but I bet if you were to compare how much gold was in citizens hands before the upswing in the price of gold to what is in our hands currently you'd see a big difference.

I disagree. The usual situation with any financial asset -- stocks or bonds or gold -- is that the public buys HIGH and buys LATE.

I know many retail investors who bought into gold closer to $1,800 on the expectation it was heading to $3,000. Many have NOT been buying now that prices are lower. People/investors flock to retail outlets when there are sales on, but when gold or stocks are on sale after a big correction, they go on a buyers strike.

Those BUY GOLD & SILVER places mostly re-distribute from retail consumers to other retail users or other dealers. The government has been a net seller of gold the last I checked.

Around 100 pcs total at this time. Smallest my collection has been in several years, I sell a lot!

~80 are raw bullion pieces mostly ASEs.

~20 are slabbed numismatic pieces mostly Morgans and outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed