• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Home from the ANA Money Show and some pictures of the Saddle Ridge Hoard. posted by hunter's gold

8 posts in this topic

Glad you had a good time!

Adding photos to your posts would help. Also, you can preview a message to make sure it is OK before posting it.

I had the same problem with both of the posts I made yesterday. Everything looks fine as a journal entry, but the picture didn't make it into the forum page. I think NGC has a web site issue to resolve on Monday morning. :facepalm:

Thanks HG! Good to meet you too!

Make sure you are copying the correct link from Photobucket or wherever you post the photos. Looking at the source code, it appears your images are not properly formatted. The code should look like this:

[ URL=http://s319.photobucket.com/user/accurateye/media/Cover-JNR-Issue4-v05-sm_zps1a1cb57b.jpg.html]Cover-JNR-Issue4-v05-sm_zps1a1cb57b.jpg[/url ], but without any spaces.

Which will produce:

Cover-JNR-Issue4-v05-sm_zps1a1cb57b.jpg

RWB

Doug,

Great photo of the new hoard. Why can't we be so lucky?

The only reason they went PCGS is to try to maximize their profit. For longevity and prosperity they should have gone NGC. They are going to make millions on these coins despite what Uncle Sam takes in taxes.

Glad it was a good show for you and congratulations on the ribbon on your first attempt. Awesome accomplishment. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

Michael

Where were these coins at? I was there on Saturday and missed them! I thought they might have been in the back by the Mint display. No luck.

Sounds like the coins may have been stolen from the SF Mint. I guess the upside to having to return them is that the tax liability they were facing goes away. I mean given back those TWO cans of coins is the right thing to do after all!

The "No Motto" piece sounded like it might have had a good story behind it.

The display was in the front row, just to the left. On Friday there were 5 or 6 people around it all the time.