• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Home from the ANA Money Show and some pictures of the Saddle Ridge Hoard. posted by hunter's gold

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Had a great time

Hi everyone. Got home late last night after driving back home too Tampa from the ANA Money Show in Atlanta. WOW would not even do the show justice. It was amazing. I was displaying my Lincoln Memorial registry set for the 1st time in a competitive display and I received a 3rd place ribbon in the Political and Historical category. I was very pleased. These displays in all the categories were awesome and I learned a lot. One thing I did learn is that it does not matter what the value of your display is but in how you present it to the public. The general public should be able too come into the show and understand what your display is about. A lot of work and preparation goes into these displays and now I know why. It was tough but I will certainly try it again. I am sure most of you have heard about the hoard of gold that a California couple found while waling with their dog on their property. A lot of the coins were sent into PCGS for certification and they had a large collection of what is now being referred too as the Saddle Ridge Hoard. This is just one coin that they had on display at the show. It is an 1876 S $20 gold piece graded MS64. PCGS has only graded 3 in this graded with I believe one graded higher. Without the historical connection too the find this coin list for $41,000. A beautiful example of a San Francisco minted gold piece. There were pieces graded up to mint state 66 grade that I saw. The coins ranged in date from the late 1840s up too the late 1890s and were buried in containers over the years as if they came straight from the bank. If you have not heard about it you can Google the Saddle Ridge Hoard and read about it. It was a fun time in Atlanta. I hope everyone enjoys the picture and as always thanks for looking and Happy Collecting.

See more journals by hunter's gold