• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'd like to see a Button added to allow members to view sets with photos only.

1 post in this topic

I bet there would be a lot of interest from the active collectors here for a button, similar to the one that allows us to display NGC coins only, to display sets with photos only. I would not set a really high photo requirement for the computer algorithm, but it seems a participation rate of at least 50% of your coins in a given set having a photo seems reasonable. So if you have 3 coins in your set, then you would want 2 of those 3 coins to have photos associated with them to be over the 50% participation rate to have your collection displayed when the photo button is selected. Likewise, if you have 20 coins in your set, if you only have 9 with photos, then your set is not displayed. There may even be a raw number that the collective group thinks is acceptable, regardless of percentage? Maybe 10 coins? Members do not have to push the button, so this should not bother members who have no interest in participating in the photography aspect of collecting.

I know when I am looking at collections that I skip right over sets with no (or few) photos. For example, I was just looking at $5 gold Indians to see if that might be a set I would consider and I had to go to the 2nd page (of 50) before I found a collection worth clicking on to view. That's really sad that the owners of the firsts 67 entries couldn't be bothered with posting photos. Plus, it appeas one member in particular (whose name contains a series of Xs and 1s), has most of the entries on the first page. I've noticed he has done this on other series I am interested in as well (eg. $10 Indians), which reduces my enjoyment of the registry. I assume he is a dealer. If his clients actively follow these sets, then they have every right to participate, but wouldn't it be preferable for them to take ownership of their accounts?

So to sum up, I'd like to see a Button added to allow members to view sets with photos only.