• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Scam....Canada Shipping questions!!!

1 post in this topic

I just want to warn all of you about a new scam I just ran across. I sell on Ebay quite often and I get asked a lot of questions about item and or shipping quotes. A person e-mailed me today and told me that a friend had given him my name and that he was told I was an honest seller. He asked me if I ship to Canada and how much my rates were.

When I clicked on respond I had to log onto my Ebay account to respond, but I got an invalid password error. I assumed it was probably something shady going on so I went in an immediately changed my password on Ebay.

Several hours later I got an e-mail from a person in Germany stating that they had recieved 600 responses to a question they had not asked and that someone was inpersonating them. Below are the e-mails.....please be careful as the criminals are getting sneakier and sneakier.

Dear kryptonitecomics,

Hello, HI.My friend purchased one item from you and recommended you as a seller I can really trust. I'm interested in buying some items. Will you able ship my purchase to Canada? What are the terms of shipping? I also would like item to be shipped via USPS. Thank you for your answer!

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,

zynnad

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 6:49 PM

Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member

> I am sorry for any confusuion, but I live in GERMANY

> and you are one of about 600 emails I have received

> requesting shipment to Canada all from ebay sellers.

>

> I have changed my password and my email addy on Ebay

> and still recieve thses emails.

>

> I understand it is not your fault, but a problem

> with someone else who says they are me. If you could

> help me and tell me who this little guy is would like

> to confront him/her.

>

> Thank you

> Dan