• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this one is going to look good in Hand!!!

7 posts in this topic

This is one of those auctions that you can tell the coin is special, but the image just doesn't due the coin justice. I already bought 2 coins from this seller and both images weren't that great, but the coins were truly spectacular. In this case the image shows a ton of obverse color and I just can't wait to see it in person.

Rainbow Toned Morgan

My only problem as I see it is that I am working on a date set, but I keep running across 1885's and 1885-O's that are gorgeous so I have 4 coins now dated 1885 foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Oh well......if the worst I do is keep buying pretty coins....I'll still sleep easy at night, set or no set yay.gif

I like that Morgan and I don't think you can go wrong with toned $'s as long as their graded by one of the big 3. I started collecting Morgans a while back, working on a D/MM set in MS-64 and 65. Most of mine are blast white. Some have rim toning like the reverse of the one you posted. I really find that kind of toning attractive. grin.gif

Can't go wrong with Morgans. I thought of a little poker term for what you said

"It's hard to beat a hand of 4 ladies"

27_laughing.gif Get it! 27_laughing.gif

4 same morgans, 4 queens, poker hand, hard to beat....

27_laughing.gif

oh boy yeahok.gif the nyquil is starting to kick in...... sleeping.gif

Hey Krypt! That is one purty coin, plus its already slabbed. I always thought coins like that "moster" sold for mucho bucks over what the market is due to the toning. Is the toning craze slowing down?

I have been doing some pretty good shooping for the past month and I must say that I have been able to run across some very underpriced specimens...this one being the latest. So no I don't think the toning craze is slowing down, but if you look at enough coins, you are going to run across some that can be cherry picked.

Ebay was having problems as this auction ended so I think it saved me some $$$$$ I couldn't even get in to up my bid so I know no one else could bid during the last 15 minutes which is snipping time.

The image isn't the best on the auction either so if it was properly imaged I again think it would have sold for more.

I am just really happy with the price and I think the coin is going to be a real knockout in hand. I won two other coins in the last 2 days which weren't as nice as most of what I bought, but if a good deal presents themselves I am going to go for it. thumbsup2.gif