• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN WITH THE OLD: PART III by CaptBrian1

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Adoption central has been busy.

I have set my sights on rarity not just numbers of graded coins as I have been accumulating anything I could afford and acquire with little focus. Now, for the past months I have been trading up. I have gleaned out of my collection coins which I included as I sought after PF70s for my 10 Collections of the IMPRESSIONS OF LIBERTY. I have been able to put together 10 complete sets of the 5000 minted and all in PF70. In so doing, I also had many 69s returned from grading, and did not bother to sell them but just let them sit in my registry. Now I have been trading them off for more rare items.

Today I have set out for adoption 8 more coins, I think most of my platinums which don't fit, and in will come some new adoptees. One I traded out was a 1997 PF68 G$50. I scanned it so careful, but NGC found mice in the cupboard, so out it goes.

In return, I am getting some more Indian quarter eagles, and a set of the last Roman Numeral golds. Also, a wonderfully rare Morgan. All should be in this week, and entered in the registry. Oh, the new Indians are my fourth complete set of the 1908 - 1929 Indian quarter eagles.

I kept trying to put together one set, and got so many other lesser coins, it led to the potatoe chip syndrome, (bet you cannot eat just one), and four sets resulted.

This coin collecting is getting out of hand (Ha HA)

Well, where to next? Oh, I am finding out, older commemoratives are also kind of fun to have when they are rare.

Capt. Brian

15075.jpg

See more journals by CaptBrian1

I have owned this 1907 PF68* for a number of years now. It used to be in the Kupersmith Collection and while he wasn't paying attention, we talked him out of it somehow. Actually, he was switching coin focus, and a lot of his pedigree coins came to my attention quite a while back. It has been my flagship coin for some time now. It is one of a kind, highest grade, and has never had a price. One day I will offer it on an auction. Thanks for the kind words.

Capt. Brian

Thanx, YUP, she's a'mine only mine, and no mortgage either, lol ...

I also have another top pop and one of a kind. The 1870 (Kupersmith Collection) $10 MS60 gold. One of my registry award winners is the 1829 $2.5 AU55 gold. This coin I got from my father, figured it at AU55 and sent it in and, POP< got it, it is worth a few pennies. Somehow I got caught up in the $2.5 golds and now have over 70 of them. Its kinda like eatin' potatoe chips.

Don't get started, u can't stop.

Brian

That is the most beautiful piece of gold I have ever seen, period. Since as you say adoption central is open well I'm on the old side but I am available for adoption. I come with a nice collection of 60's and 70's muscle cars if that sweetens the deal...just sayin

David