• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to Hoot, new editor of "The Portico"

39 posts in this topic

Congratulations (hand shakes, pats on the back, champagne and cigars for everyone!) on you're new position!

Thank you David! I'd just like to sit with you again in Starbucks, drink a slow cup of coffee and look at great nickels all over again! wink.gif

Sorry jom, but a certain Mr. Lange seems to already have a great book out on buffeeeloos. blush.gif

Jeffersons! Bah! tongue.gif

Hoot

Thank you Charlie! Now, honestly, do you own even a single Jefferson nickel (other than the ones in your pocket? wink.gif

Hoot

So, what's with the photo in your sig line? Who, when, where, why?

Hi Hoot. The man in my sig line is Commander Rick Husband. He was the Commander of STS-107, the tragic last flight of Columbia. He and I are from the same town, and attended the same high school. I had met him a few times, and I have lots of pictures that he autographed for me. He was an extremely devout and religious man, with a great family. His wife Evelyn wrote an excellnet book about Rick, his life, and that day called High Calling. I have 3 copies she autographed for me. Anyway, thats who he is.

Hi Hoot. The man in my sig line is Commander Rick Husband. He was the Commander of STS-107, the tragic last flight of Columbia. He and I are from the same town, and attended the same high school. I had met him a few times, and I have lots of pictures that he autographed for me. He was an extremely devout and religious man, with a great family. His wife Evelyn wrote an excellnet book about Rick, his life, and that day called High Calling. I have 3 copies she autographed for me. Anyway, thats who he is.

Fantastic. And a nice tribute to one the Nation's bravest. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

O.K., then let's see your latest batch of spray painted buff's!

Welllll...if you had sent me those Buffs you said you were going to steal from Hoot I'd be done by now. What did you do? Sell them to Marguli to pawn off on some unsuspecting Germans?

sprayman.gif

jom