• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third coin show in three days....San Jose Peninsula Club show

3 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to add another 350 miles on my car today and drove up to the Peninsula Coin Club show in San Jose. I arrived about 11:30 AM. As soon as I walked in the door, I literally bought two coins from John McIntosh. One coin was a colored commem I had owned 11 months ago. I sold it for $300 in Dec. 2003, the dealer then sold it to another dealer for $350 who then sold it to a collector for $475. I bought it back from McIntosh for $285. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Then I purchased a few Mexican coins. Nice crowd for a Sunday. Most dealers appeared busy. Stayed for about an hour. Show grade B-. Not enough nice or fresh material.

TRUTH

Does sound like brutality to the collector. Must have been a pretty commem for you to buy it back.

John McIntosh sells some neat stuff and his table always seems busy. Bought a fantastic 1794 8 Real off of him in Salt Lake last year with the help of GDJMSP. It's the closest I'll ever get to a genuine 1794 dollar that was commonly used in the U.S.!

Got to hold a PanPac $50 round that McIntosh had. I felt like a kid marveling at it, and he was quite kind to supply me with his own history with the coin.

Hoot