• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1968-S JEFFERSON, NGC MS64 5FS Business Stk' posted by James G. Berline

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

* Full Step Rarity *

If you know this date you will understand the importance of a full step coin for the 1968-S Jefferson nickel. In this year they are super scarce in any grade with fullsteps and is considered' rare among the rare.

This coin has clean steps and is not far from being the first 6 step coin for this date and mint. It is conservatively graded

MS-64-5FS and it would make it in any grading services holder. With this coin showing stunningly clean steps it is not far from

being the first 6 step coin for this date and mint.

Considering the rarity of this coin,it was much easier on my pocketbook purchasing it at this grade for the value on these skyrockets'as the grade gets higher. Currently on Ebay a seller is asking close to $3,000.00 for one thru Ngc in MS66-FS.

As of Jan 2014'

With Ngc and Pcgs combined total, there was only (21) encapsulated/certified in mintstate condition. In this year they

are among the toughest to find having fullsteps in this Jefferson series.

----------------------------------------------

15041.jpg

See more journals by James G. Berline

Jim,

That is one super nice find. While I don't collect nickels outside of the classic set of Jeffs (38-64), I can certainly appreciate the significance of this coin. Just think, a few short years ago there were none designated fullstep.

Congratulations on a great coin,

Doug

Good Morning Doug and Todd'

It's always nice to hear from you members that enjoy viewing these rarities in the Jefferson Series. It seems each year it's getting tougher to search out, especially in the 1950's and 60's era' showing the fullstep with them.

Thanks again, and keep in touch, Jim Berline