• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I lose money in Vegas????

3 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to go to the Las Vegas show sponsored by NGC at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. I arrived early at opening 9AM sharp. I tried to use my discount card which I received in the mail, but some really grumpy white haired guy told me it wasn't valid so I had to pay the whole $10 admission. mad.gif I entered the bourse and found out that the show had a gun section, an rare automobile section and the coin section. I perused the coins, made several purchases and viewed the Heritage lots for the West Palm Beach Signature Sale. The coin section was fairly active, but many dealers did not man their tables until about 11AM.(gambling, I assume). I found this really, really pretty and interestingly toned Lexington in PCGS65. Frankly, the finest toned Lex I have ever seen. The coin was truly incredible, so much so that it made me question whether AT or NT. It was priced at 5 times sheet. 893whatthe.gif After a few minutes to decide on price, I bought it. A coin which I knew I would never see again. I then purchased some other nicely toned commems. Overall, quite pleased. I then wandered over to the auto show, and was truly impressed by the assortment of rare and vintage automobiles, most of which were being auctioned. Then, to the gun show. 893whatthe.gif Lots of red necks, lots of guns. Kinda like the coin section, only more scarey. devil.gif By 4PM, I was done. I then wandered about the Mandalay Bay resort. I must admit, that hotel is very, very nicely landscaped and decorated. I recommend a simple half hour walking tour just to admire the surroundings. I lost my complete wad of gambling money, FIVE DOLLARS. frown.gif Oh well, confused-smiley-013.gif I rate the show an A- overall, the coin section a B-.

TRUTH

Sounds like you had a great time! Some of the finest restaurants are also located within that property and within walking distance.

Photos please, of your new purchase!