• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best $41 bucks I ever spent

20 posts in this topic

I can go ahead and cross off 1882 from my want list............picked this one up the other day, the only thing that's off on the picture is their is more of a rose color in the center of the obverse, which looks sort of yellow on the scan.

1882 PCGS MS63

1882MorganPCGS.jpg

Hey Krypt, thats a nice coin. Is that a tinge of green in the toning? I'm not a Morgan fanatic like a lot of people, but I don't recall seeing much green toning. Looks like you did good.

Yes, the image is slightly out of round due to the slight angle I have to scan the coins at.....otherwise I wouldn't be able to pick up the toning quite as well with my scanner.

Yes, I have been able to purchase several coins with lots of blues and greens lately. I think the scan makes it look a little greener than it is because as I stated the obverse has some rose color dead center that isn't showing up that well in the scan.

I still don't think the scan does the coin justice as it is even nicer in hand yay.gif

The beauty of it all was I was searching Ebay for Toned, Toning, Rainbow, Color.....you know all of the normal key words to denote a colorfully toned Morgan and this auction didn't say a thing other than 1882 PCGS MS63 Morgan...................it had a BIN of $41 bucks and I grabbed it. It was a small scan, but you could tell the coin had lots of color so.................the sellers lack of a description means I got this beauty for $41 bucks.

headbang.gif

As competitive as the toned Morgan market is, you did do good. If there are any buyers or dealers of toned Morgans out there I'm curious what they think it would bring if you decided to sell it. I'm sure its well over the price you paid.

I have purchased about 8 toned Morgans in the last month ranging from $41 to $85 and this is the nicest one I have gotten so far. So for me it's worth twice what I paid..........for others who knows, maybe a little less....maybe a little more..........but I don't think anyone could argue I overpaid 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I like this coin quite a bit. Great, original skin and some very pretty and subtle color to boot. thumbsup2.gif I'll give ya a dollar profit! laugh.gif

Hoot

I like this coin quite a bit. Great, original skin and some very pretty and subtle color to boot. thumbsup2.gif I'll give ya a dollar profit! laugh.gif

Hoot

Ouch 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

make it a buck and a quarter and maybe we'll talk gossip.gif

Hoot

Okay, you asked for it...

631418-Abuckandaquarter.JPG

Hoot

631418-Abuckandaquarter.JPG.a44c06f022d7281535078c37220cbf4f.JPG

Someone is getting a little loupy in the wee hours of the mornin'

screwy.gif

With the bright white walls around here and the TV blaring in the corner, it's always the wee hours around here. insane.gif

sleeping.gif Hoot

Hoot

Okay, you asked for it...

631418-Abuckandaquarter.JPG

Hoot

Thats great ... sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif