• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USA General Andrew Jackson token

6 posts in this topic

Morning all.

I have someone asking to buy this token from me but i have no idea on the grading of these political tokens and Value can anyone help thanks

coinss065_zps97f0c6f5.jpg

coinss066_zps27b2580a.jpg

photo makes it look a bit washed out will take some more soon

The sharpness of the piece appears to be AU, but given the problems with the photo, which as you said, is "washed out," I can't determine if it is a "no problem" example. The variety is Sullivan/DeWitt AJACK 1824-5. "The Nation's Pride" varieties are a bit scarcer than the pieces with "The Nation's Good" or "Hero of New Orleans" on the reverse.

Here is the example in my collection, which I grade AU-58. I paid $430 for this, which was probably too much, but it completed my set an example of each slogan for the 1824 Jackson political tokens.

AJACK1824-5O.jpgAJACK1824-5R.jpg

I would say that you have a very nice, sharp example, but it does appear to have some corrosion like stains that are going to take it out of the choice category. This piece is made of brass, and you run into that was brass tokens now and then.

Pricing these things is hard, but I would say that is worth less than my piece. My gut tells me that this is worth somewhere in the $300 to $350 range retail.

thanks that was what i was thinking a little less detail on the high points .. and i was thinking $300 with the price you had said you paid for yours thanks again i will contact him and if that is no good for him i will put it on my store

all the best