• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry points posted by wmfielding

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

WOW what a loss

Somehow between noon today and now I lost over 28000 registry points. Has this happened to anyone else? I dropped from 371 to 408 in the ranking. sure would like to know what happened

Happy collecting and may God Bless...Mike Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

See more journals by wmfielding

I hope that means some of the more ridiculous scores we have been seeing lately in the 7070 Type set are being corrected. My type set dropped two points, but that is okay with me as long as the scores are fundamentally fair. Seeing a common modern clad Washington quarter receive 9000 registry points when a high grade Carson City doesn't merit one tenth of that makes a mockery of the registry. I for one am glad they are making amends and correcting the issue.

Man, I sincerely hope that's exactly what's going on though since I'm on the World side of things and not the U.S. it's hard to say. I have a 7070 set for my U.S. one offs, but I never look at it and I'm going to be selling a lot of them off. But I have some very rare World coins that don't rank the points of a 1999 Silver American Eagle, which I think is just awful. And they're in high grade as well. I think the Registry point system should reflect the real scarcity of the coins scored, you know? I have a German coin that is the only one I've found offered for sale after 4+ years of looking for one, and that's the one a 1999 Silver Eagle ranks higher than. I could buy 1999 Silver Eagles every day if I wanted to.

I was expecting this to happen at some point. The problem on the type sets is that as an example they gave the same points for a 1978 PF69UC as they would a 1953 PF69UC. So instead of giving reduced points for the 1953 they inflated the points for the common dates. I really felt I did not deserve all those points so I was not upset when I lost them.