• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to get the flu? Go to a small coin show.

20 posts in this topic

So I decide to go to the small Fresno, CA coin show after a 8 year hiatus. I drive 170 miles to Fresno, which now has a population of close to 550,000. The last time I was there, it was a cute little cubby hole of 250,000 people. Well, I find the location of the show, with a nice A-frame sign outside to let passersby know. It's about 1PM, and the parking lot is full, a good sign. I walk into the small show of about 40 dealers. The first thing I notice is a wall of body heat that hits my face, not to mention an aire of "coin collector stinkyness". Apparantly, the air conditioning went out and the promotors hadn't bothered to open any other doors or windows. Well, after my initial shock of the wave of humanity, I noticed the activity quite brisk, numerous collectors, in fact, so many, I couldn't view most of the coin cases. I made several passes, talked to a few dealers until the commotion died down a bit, then I seriously viewed all the coin inventory. It took all told about 2 hours, I purchased a few not too exciting items, and left. A fair selection of coins, currency and exonumia. I rate the show a C+. I stopped for lunch at Popeye's chicken. Afterward, I now remembered why I have not eaten there in 10 years. blush.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif I then drive the 170 miles back home, the trip back seemed much longer. Well, I get up this morning and don't feel so good. Something tells me that I might have gotten "coin collector flu". You know, breathing in some coin collector's ickyness at the show. So I need to take care of myself for the next couple of days. confused.gif Next stop, Vegas. headbang.gif

TRUTH news.gif

I got the flu kissing my wife last week. Did you kiss any dealers? That'll do it every time! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

I got the flu kissing my wife last week. Did you kiss any dealers? That'll do it every time! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

I also got the flu kissing your wife last week, jom. sumo.gif Tell her to keep it to herself next time! insane.gif

Hoot

I am just getting over the flu or a cold or something myself. frown.gif Not sure where I got it from though, hadnt been to any coin shows, wasnt making out with jom's wife, sure as heck wasnt kissing hoot. 893whatthe.gif Probably from one of the parents in my office, I swear we need to seperate the parents and us single folks, they carry all kinds of nasty germs in from their grimy kids!

the BEST way to get sick is to have 3 young kids running around your house and one of them that goes to school!!!! You are Guaranteed to be sick often!! Believe me, I am home Sick from work today.

I just started sending my 2 yr old to daycare to give the wife a break. He's been sick twice in the last 3 weeks. I cant wait till be comes home with chickenpox.

Truth, whatever you do, don't bring it with you to Vegas (Mandalay) coin show! I'll be there Saturday between 12 and 2. Last thing I need is to catch whatever has you down! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am just getting over the flu or a cold or something myself. frown.gif Not sure where I got it from though, hadnt been to any coin shows, wasnt making out with jom's wife, sure as heck wasnt kissing hoot. 893whatthe.gif

angel.gif

Nor has anyone else gotten the flu from me, including my wife. 27_laughing.gif

Well there is jom, who hasn't kissed his wife in eons according to Greg and JJ. devil.gif

Hoot

Well there is jom, who hasn't kissed his wife in eons according to Greg and JJ.

How would they know? They are too busy kissing each other. You know, it's one of those foreign coin collector

"bonding" things..... blush.gif

jom

Hoot,

Instead of all this talk of kissing Jom's wife -- you sick perv! -- I have a better idea for you: NBB.

Also, stop swapping spit with your dog! Or, at least do it *before* he cleans his hind area.

Greg, JJ,

Are you in some new show that is a variant of Wife Swap?

Jom,

If I were your wife, I wouldn't kiss you either. Pukey!

EVP

NBB! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

My dog's spit is none of your business. sumo.gif

And hey, I bet Linda could tell us a thing or two of how you got that funny crook in your lower back. poke2.gif

yay.gif Hoot yay.gif

Ok, here are some trivia questions related to this thread (which has devolved into something very peripherally related to coins):

1. How do you say "flu" in Chinese?

2. How do you say "flu" in Japanese?

3. How do you say "flu" in Korean?

4. What do Jom, Hoot and Wihlborg all have in common?

5. What is the proper way to crack an NGC or PCGS slab?

6. What does "digus" mean?

7. Who kisses TDN?

8. What do Sasquatch, Yeti, the Abominable Snowman and Hoot have in common?

9. Who has the only neolithic pet around here?

10. What is TomB's favorite TV show?

EVP

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

insane.gif I have no answers but these:

jom's wife.

7. Who kisses TDN?

TDN

acclaim.gif Hoot

Ok, I think I'm going to spend some time across the street! You guys are definitely getting out of hand here! Not to mention hijacking TRUTHS thread!

How would they know? They are too busy kissing each other. You know, it's one of those foreign coin collector

"bonding" things..... blush.gif

jom

OK mister "How much should I bid on these lovely French and Swiss coins?", people in glass houses...

-JamminJ

1. How do you say "flu" in Chinese?

Ah...choo!

2. How do you say "flu" in Japanese?

Ah...sooo!

3. How do you say "flu" in Korean?

Shooot Rocket!

Nothing really since Hoot will be dead soon.

5. What is the proper way to crack an NGC or PCGS slab?

Give it to EVP.

6. What does "digus" mean?

Same as "dolt".

7. Who kisses TDN?

Laura

8. What do Sasquatch, Yeti, the Abominable Snowman and Hoot have in common?

None actually exists....at least by next week.

9. Who has the only neolithic pet around here?

Neo what?

10. What is TomB's favorite TV show?

To Tell the Truthteller.

jom