• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1866 2c proof posted by Paul's

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have finally found it

This coin has given me fits , I am collecting a 1866 seated liberty set and have been working on it for about three years .Its true my standards ,I think are high but I have to admit this set has given me more pleasure than all my other coins. My wife is always after me asking, quote ,why are you agonizing over this so much you put hundreds of hours in this ,just go and bye one. It's true I could do that but some where along the way I developed a sense of pride about this set , and although it will never be #1 it will make #3 and I really like all the coins in the set. I just purchased the 2c and only have the dime to go .early on in the set I was in a hurry and settled for a 3c silver graded 64 cameo and when I have completed the set I will look for a higher grade coin .When I started this set I didn't know there were 10 coins in it ,I didn't know this was the introduction of "In god we trust " ,I didn't know the relationship to the civil war this set played , this was also the last year for some of the coins in the set. Long story short this set taught me what coin collecting is all about at least to me . But I still like the points , have fun all

See more journals by Paul's

Paul,

VERY impressive set for #3. Good luck on upgrading the 3 CS and on finding your grade choice for the 10c (assuming a PF66 is what you are after?).

Michael