• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: A trio of exquisite Stone Mountain, Hawaiian & Connecticut commem halves.

1 post in this topic

The commemorative halves offered below to the naked eye have attributes of examples grading far higher. Even if your budget allowed a higher technically graded specimen of each you would still be faced with needing to scour miles on the browse floor or web to find anything even remotely as close in quality and overall eye appeal. All are fresh to the market after a decade and in old green or blue label holders.

1925 Stone Mountain Memorial 50c PCGS MS65 "PQ" @ $995.00

A beautifully toned example of an early issue that’s hard to locate attractively toned on both sides. The obverse limits the grade with a few minor flesh wounds on the horse only noticeable under magnification. The satiny obverse has multicolored peripheral toning is shades of golden orange, blues, green, and red progressing to delicate sky blue fields. The reverse is a dreamy rendition by Mother Nature resulting in what may very well be one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen on this issue. Accompanied by the same shades of multi color peripheral toning as on the obverse progressing to a inner ring of electric blue and rose centers over vibrant lustrous fields.

1z2elw1.jpg

1928 Hawaiian 50c PCGS MS64 OGH "PQ" @ "ON HOLD"

Another tough 1920’s low mintage issue of which most with the exception of the hoard kept by the Bank of Hawaii was distributed to the civilian population. A majority of the examples seen have been cleaned, polished, over dipped, and are excessively hair lined. The natural luster is satiny quite similar to that of the 1923-S Monroe and once dipped the mint frost is replaced with an unnatural sheen. Deeply rainbow toned examples encountered in the market place are usually just dipped with secondary skin which display dull lifeless underlying luster. The example here has a few minor reed marks on the obverse which limited the grade, however surface condition easily top most encountered at the next grade level. The obverse is quite lustrous with golden brown electric blue peripheral and golden central toning. The reverse is mark free and very vibrant with mint frost within the fields and body of the native along with crescent toning in shades of rose, yellow, green and electric blue.

21j3iw1.jpg

1935 Connecticut Tricentennial 50c PCGS MS65 "PQ" @ $795.00

Another extremely tough issue to locate attractive as the original box of issue left most survivors with unattractively streaked, mottled, and crusty toned surfaces. This of course resulted with a majority of the distributed mintage having been stripped of their original skin via dipping. The example here is an exceptionally survivor which escaped a trip to the jar. The obverse is exquisite with radiant luster and mint frost not commonly seen. Framed in hues of golden brown peripheral toning with traces of red and green which just make the Charter Oak stand out The reverse limits the grade with a line on the art deco eagle's wing which is noticeable under magnification. Delicately peripherally toned in the same shades of golden brown, red, along with green and accompanied by a level of lustrous frost with impeccable depth. Totally mark free on the obverse with the overall look when enjoyed at an arm’s length rotated under a light source of what you’d hope to find in MS67 holder.

2s6r0w5.jpg

I'll be adding a few more soon...

2z4kbph.jpg

General Terms & Notes: PM me for more details -

Coins above will all ship at my expense.

Coins over $1K will be mailed via USPS Registered Mail Insured -or- Next Day Air Insured.

Coins less then $1K will be mailed via 1st Class USPS Mail Insured w/ Delivery Confirmation.

All tracking info will be forwarded once in transit.

Payment Options = USPS or Bank Money Order, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, E Check, & Paypal (no fee % up-charge).

Trades at times depending on if of interest to me may be considered.

All Checks must clear prior to shipment.

7 Day full refund minus any associated shipping charges.

2sbokn5.jpgpiggy-bank.jpg

Extended terms available if your Piggy Bank is skinny, or hurt and healing?

As I can also offer extended 30-60-90 day terms, 1/3 down, no refund on layaway option.

A Reasonable Offer May Be Accepted on some items... the Key Word is Reasonable.

Full detailed in hand description on any of the item along with larger images available at request.

I'd greatly appreciate that posting of your most recent acquisition purchased from me on any forum board isn't done until the ink on the check is dry and you've happily received it.

I place a "On Hold" for three days max without a deposit on any item for members I've never dealt with, however if after this time period complete lack of responsive communication occurs, I reserve the right to offer the item to another active member.

Many Thanx in Advance! oarm2e.jpg