• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panning For Gold "2" posted by jayh749

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It might be a good one!

So, if you have read my last journal, this one is a nice part two.

Here I am bored a couple of days ago. Ive surfed everything. Ebay, telatrade, great collections, and Heritage. Nothing I want, or could find. Anyway, I go back onto ebay and look for raw coins. There it was a Canada 1953 nsf pl-65 penny. So the seller's dad had labled on the cardboard 2x2 holder. Is it for real? This is rare, raw or graded! The price was like 4-5 dollars. If it is for real, it could be worth 800.00 in that grade. Hmm. Could be a selling gimmick. So I check out the seller's other stuff. The other stuff has a lot of pl coins graded and raw, and some are considerably valuable. I have to. I just do. I have to gamble. So I place 14.00 or so on it. Then I forgot about it untill jesterday afternoon. I was off work early so I went on ebay to check it out. OMG. Only 12 min. Left. How lucky is that. Someone else had the high bid. Anyway, I put 30.00 on it . No! I have to have it. So before I confirmed that bid. I changed it. The time was now counting down . Less than a min. Left. I quickly placed a bid of $102.00. 6, 5, 4.. sec. Ended. I won. I won. I got it for $21.00. Now, maybe I paid $21.00 for a penny. Orrrr, maybe. $800.00. Now the waiting game begins. First delivery from the seller. ( hopefully soon. ) Then, sending it in for grading. The gamble for that piece of gold continues............

See more journals by jayh749