• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC MS67RD 1963D Lincoln Memorial-Population of 3 posted by hunter's gold

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Closing in on 1005% set completion

Hi everyone. About a month ago I was able to pick up this NGC MS67RD 1963D Lincoln Memorial with a current NGC population of 3 with none graded higher. This coin just recently joined the population report. I had been trying for awhile to buy one of the other examples from a fellow collector but was never able to seal the deal. This is one of only 4 coins in my entire collection that I paid more that list value. I actually ended up pay way over list. This coin had previously been listed by TeleTrade with a very high reserve. It listed 3 times and did not sell. It eventually showed up at Heritage Auctions and had the same reserve price and this time I had a feeling that someone else might bid on it and I was right. I had too place a very steep bid but have no buyers remorse as it is a gorgeous coin. On another note I hope too have my 1959-date Lincoln Memorial circulation issue registry set 100% complete by the middle of next month. If all goes well I will be adding the last 2 coins I need and upgrading a few more thanks too VUMC409. Thanks Michael. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your friendship and for the coins. I also want too thank Bob with Robecs Images for another great picture and for all the hard work he has done photographing my collection. I hope you enjoy my coin and always thanks for looking and Happy Collecting.

14499.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Doug,

Another stellar addition to your absolutely amazing collection. If ever, I believe it will be quite some time before you are unseated. Your set truly is the finest Lincoln Cent Memorial set I have ever seen. You hold almost every top pop coin there is to have and with this coin have added one of the really tough ones in this series.

The next two should come quickly and maybe the two upgrades. They will only add to your most impressive collection as you know they will be in great condition from the source. Thanks for the mention and some day in a few years I may be able to say my collection is at least "near" the caliber of yours.

Here's to Number One with utmost respect for what you have accomplished in just 4 years is it?

Michael

Doug

Viewing your entire set is a real treat! I especially enjoy seeing all the top quality coins in a series assembled into a single set. There is just something about your set that inspires awe in a person, regardless of whether they collect Lincoln's or not. Congratulations on assembling such a fine set that I know you are especially proud of and sharing it with the collector community here.

Gary