• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins back from NCS & NGC

9 posts in this topic

Hi all just got my submission back and two of the coins have finger prints on the reverses ... after conservation these should not be there ... Right? .. will these cause problems to the coins and if so who should i complain to ... thanks

I can't tell from your post, whether the prints were alreday there when you submitted the coins.

If so, they can't necessarily be removed. If not, call customer service and let them know what happened.

So... Can fingerprints be removed from a coin? Bought an ANACS coin off ebay a few years back (proof) that had a huge fingerprint on the reverse. No mention was made of it in the listing and I had an extreme case of ebay fever when I bought it. If its restorable I'd like to try.

So... Can fingerprints be removed from a coin? Bought an ANACS coin off ebay a few years back (proof) that had a huge fingerprint on the reverse. No mention was made of it in the listing and I had an extreme case of ebay fever when I bought it. If its restorable I'd like to try.

It is doubtful, and when removed, will likely not be a natural and pleasing appearance.

PS: Before the attacks begin, please read slowly and digest that the question is about a Proof coin.