• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SO MUCH FOR MY GUESSES. posted by Eagles-R-it

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

5 COINS ON WAY HOME

Well my coins are graded and on the way here. My Reverse Gold Buffalo wasn't a 70 and both Reverse proof Eagles were 70, the SP, a 69 by the way, I returned a SP70 to a dealer I bought it from because of a gouge in it, so how is mine a 69? The 2012 Proof eagle from the San Fran set is also a 69.

I felt they would all be 70s except for the 2012 S reverse proof, because it had like bag marks on the obverse and reverse. And here it comes in at a 70, go figure, I took good photos of them before I shipped them so we will see if they may have been miss placed. I also have a 5 star generals with a 70 grade and there are three marks across Ikes head, looks like they are from a reeded edge, very pronounced.

Well my friends my first try at sending in coins was less than hoped, that's why they are judging them and not me I guess.

Take care everyone and will have some pics up later in the week.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

Sounds to me based on your comments that the graders did not have or, had too much, coffee before grading your coins. (shrug)

I see your point about a SP70 gouge compared to a SP69 nongouged coin.

I wonder if there is a good day and a bad day to get coins graded. Maybe which shift or, who is on duty or, regular or, decaf drinkers. (tsk)

Semper Fi !

Best wishes

Jack

You can always crack-out your NGC coins and resubmit them for grading. Don't resubmit them in the current NGC holders. Why not crack-out all the 69 coins and resubmit them. Then let us know how it went. I have had some good luck with the crack-out game and no luck at all resubmitting coins in existing NGC holders. You don't have to take these graders' opinion as the final verdict.