• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CNMI $20 St Gaudens Nc "COPY" Stamp

3 posts in this topic

This is the last of 5 I bought back in 2004. It was before NCM was forced to put the COPY on the reverse. If you're interested...

This link goes back to my 2004 post here and shows what I'm selling, just in case you have forgotten or don't know. I've only seen a few sold and most went for $50+. I think they're fairly rare because not too many were sold before the COPY was enforced.

This "Legal Tender" coin (and other stuff) are on eBay now. Here is a link to all of it this week.

Thank you for looking/bids!

Sorry guys, eBay pulled the listing. Evidently, there is a difference of opinion about this being a "Replica" or "Reproduction" coin which they don't allow.

Yes, it uses the same famous design, but I'm using their own appropriate categories (US Coins>Exonumia>Novelty and US Coins>Fantasy Issue), giving full and total disclosure about the history behind it (with a included link to my 2004 OP here about them), the fact I sold one of these only 7 months ago using the same basic listing, that the CNMI flag design is stamped on the reverse in the half sun (clearly proving this is NOT the real $20 St Gaudens, just like the COPY stamp did), describing it as a gold plated base metal (NOT solid gold), and not listing it for a couple of million bucks, doing everything I can to abide by their rule and not mislead or defraud anyone.

This is why they have the R or R rule. So no one buys a fake and I'm doing everything I can to do prevent just that. There are always exceptions to any rule, just like there are exceptions to every law. Nothing is always fair or unfair, right or wrong, good or bad, black or white. It's against the law to kill someone but...depending on the circumstances and details, you can get away with murder.

Anyway, I'm awaiting a callback from a eBay supervisor to discuss this. It'll go back up or it won't.

UPDATE:

eBay nixed the original listing because I used the word COPY in the description and I apologize for advertising it here prior to its pulling. After many minutes of talking to different people and hours of being on hold, I have finally been given permission by eBays Trust & Safety Dept to re-list as long as I give as much information/history as I have for it as well as clear, sharp pictures. ALSO, no use of the COPY word.

It will be up starting @ 7 PM PST for 7 days. Item # 331051128558

Again, my apologies to those interested and also to those who could care less!!