• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCR turned me on to a new site and look what I bought!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Yes, the forum member named CCR posted a very colorful Tade dollar and posted a link to Northeast Numismatics, which I was not familiar with. I know they aren't new in the coin business, I had just never been to their site to shop before.

Well needless to say It took me like 5 minutes to find two coins I just had to have. I wouldn't say either would be characterized as classic examples of rainbow toning, but something about these two just tickled my fancy so.....without further adue, here are my purchases:

1880 S Morgan PCGS MS63

1880Morgan.jpg

1886 Morgan NGC MS64

1886Morgan.jpg

Thanks for the credit and both are really nice Morgans. That 1880-S I seriously thought about picking up and decided to go for the Trade Dollar ( as I never owned a Trade Dollar before ). Frattlaw from across the street pointed it out last week across the street and decided to have a try. Thanks to Frattlaw too as there are a couple happy campers with some nice material! yay.gif

Great looking coins! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Don't ya just hate it when somebody turns you to coins that you simply cannot resist?! insane.gif

Hoot

I think they both have some very nice character. KC, you will be able to go to the Northeast Numismatics table at FUN since they set up at all the larger shows. Their coins typically look far nicer in-hand than their images do, which is a good thing.

Thanks everyone..........I was told once that once you get into buying toned coins, it becomes addictive....................................................never have truer words been spoken thumbsup2.gif

I have now decided to put together a date set of morgans and I will be looking for only toned Beauties!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks everyone..........I was told once that once you get into buying toned coins, it becomes addictive....................................................never have truer words been spoken thumbsup2.gif

I have now decided to put together a date set of morgans and I will be looking for only toned Beauties!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It's a deep, dark chasm! 893whatthe.gif

See you somewhere down there... I'll be the one with the nickels. grin.gif

(jom will be the one with the spray paint. Tom will have a Bunsen burner. Jeremy will have old albums wet with his own drool. And John Wihlborg will be the one collecting stars!)

Hoot