• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Buffalo to Purchase? posted by 00001AAA Coins

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

In the end I picked a NGC 1936 Proof 67 Brilliant Coin to add to my Collection

This year I was debating purchasing either a Gold 2013 Reserve Proof Buffalo or a real Buffalo proof nickel from back in the day. I know less then 50,000 Gold 2013 Reverse Proof Buffalo coins were made, but in the end I prefer to have an original buffalo proof nickel. This isn't to say such Gold Buffalo coins will not appreciate, but I am just a U.S. history buff at heart.

In the end I found a very nice NGC 1936 Proof 67 Brilliant Buffalo coin. It probably cost me less than trying to buy a 2013 70 Reverse Proof Buffalo coin. Go figure. Back in 1936 only 4,420 total Proof Buffalo nickels were made, split between the Satin and Brilliant finishes. In time I hope to add a Proof 67 1936 Satin Buffalo coin. Like many here on NGC Collectors Society I have a hard time not buying a superb Buffalo nickel when I get the chance.

14388.jpg

See more journals by 00001AAA Coins