• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pictures of the Toned 1878 S Morgan I just picked up!

2 posts in this topic

Well with my scanner, these were the best I could due, but the coin certainly looks better in hand than the auction lead on and certainly better than I can capture with my scanner/Digital Camera frown.gif

The coin has tons of luster and color that was not evident on the original scans. The Obverse has green, gold , and blue peripheral toning and most of the fields have a orangish pink tint to them. I included multiple scans with different lighting in an attempt to capture the colors:

1878Sobv.jpg

1878Sobva.jpg

1878Sobvb.jpg

The reverse has every color imaginable and looks fairly deep and dark when viewed straight on, but once you angle it in the light........Red, orange, green, and golds jump off the coins surface. Again, not the best of scans, but trying to pick up toning with my scanner is nearly impossible.

1878Sb.jpg

1878Sa.jpg

All in all a very pleasing, and solid for the grade, coin for $61 bucks thumbsup2.gif