• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 W Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo! posted by jxs525

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Better get one before they're GONE GONE GONE!!!

I just found out today that the US Mint is only offering the Rev. Proof Gold Buffalo for only six more days. The last day is September 5, 2013 and the final sales will close at 5PM (ET)!

So far at this time the total sales is 39,961.

See more journals by jxs525

I prefer the 1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel. It may not be made of Gold but finding a nice coin in MS 67 or better condition is a fun challenge. NGC has certified less than 350 such coins out of 7198 total. The U.S. mint will probably sell 40,000 to 50,000 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coins all in perfect or very near perfect condition. Just my nickel. Gold is pretty too and the price does fluctuate.

I'm like you MV.....looks like since everything coming out of the mints in proof condition is either PF69 or PF70. Never thought I'd see the day when a grade of 69 means it is a "substandard" coin (lol....sadly). The mint is trying to manufacture rarity.....to me there is nothing like a true Proof cameo coin from the 50's and 60's (or earlier). woe is me......