• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh Gee whizzzzzzz - my first negative feedback.

39 posts in this topic

Here's a suggestion! Let's all watch this guy for his sales and then bid and buy the low priced items but pay a dollar less! insane.gif

Leo 27_laughing.gif

And then leave him a neg for not being understanding! laugh.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Hoot, you should put a reply to his feedback stating the same thing you said on his feedback. It will show up under his negative remark . I view everybody's feedback that I purchase from and a negative with a good response will not sway me from buying from that seller. It shows the seller's side of the story. It also shows that the person who received the neg feedback really cares about the problem and is justified.

Can you block sellers like you block buyers? He will never get a penny from me.

Hoot Rules!!!

hail.gif

You are very kind Melanie. angel.gif And Leo's call to arms is quite a fun thought to entertain! devil.gif

I don't know whether to respond or not. If I do, it opens the door for him to make some other inane remark. I figure, if someone really cares and has half a brain, they'll see right through it.

Sometimes best to let sleeping dogs lie. Right EVP? Oh, I forgot, that guy doesn't come around here anymore. smirk.gif

Hoot

I'm here... I'M HERE. No need to shout. I've been having fun something else these days.

Anyway, about Hoot's problem, I think I agree with Mel's suggestion. A carefully worded response ought to do far more good than otherwise.

Good luck with it, Hoot, and I'm sorry to see it happen to a sasquatch as nice as you.

EVP

Mark, I too feel as you do concerning insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like this but there is very little one can do to protect yourself until you're in over your neck with them. I had the same type of situation with my one and only neg. I went thru all the hoops for mediation and neg removal but to no avail. I'm satisfied that I handled it as best I could as you are doing.

I now see the neg as a reminder of the incident (as I refuse to forgive and forget) and wear it proudly as anyone attempting clarification of it will see thru the seller and his auctions.

You've received all kinds of good advice, and regardless of how you continue and the outcome, those of us on the forum that know you and all the ones who have done business with you cannot and will not be swayed by one neg.

David

Thank you David!

How about some possible replies? laugh.gif

(BTW, these all fit in the reply character limit.)

1) UNDERpaid late, didn't answer emails, lied to SquareTrade, me & eBay - My fault?

2) YOU underpay (I'm cheap?) don't answer emails, lie to SquareTrade, me and eBay

3) You UNDERpay 2 weeks late, lie to SquareTrade, me and eBay, and I'm not easy?

4) Filed NO payment dispute, YOU underpaid, LIED to SquareTrade, NO email response

5) YOU underpay late, lie to SquareTrade, I refund your $$, neg you, &you retaliate

So, which one works best? Any other suggestions? tongue.gif

Hoot

Hoot you said it perfect on his neg. "Made partial paymnt & refused to pay balance when promised. Poor communication". This was stated businesslike, without malice, professional, not emotional. Be careful saying anything that would take away from your high professional standing. A griping match is not what you want, only a response of the reality of what happened. His remark sounded childish and unprofessional. Don't let him bring you down to his level.

Hail Hoot! hail.gif

And you are right if you feel that a response isn't warranted and would only open him up to more slander, then don't reply. I can't even see that measly 1 little attack on your character. And no one else will either. laugh.gif

Hoot: Your experience perfectly illustrates the weakness of Ebay feedback. One has to roll back through hundreds of individual feedback reports to read and interpret the couple negatives to ascertain if they are deserved.

I have one negative feedback on about 200+ Ebay transactions. I paid the guy via M.O./Priority Mail immediately on auction close and did not receive any email responses or shipping info for almost a month. Then the guy gave me a line of the east-coast-wise-guy-trash when he did finally respond. I was recovering from kidney failure and not feeling well, so I got pi$$ed and unloaded some "west-coast-wise-guy-trash" on the guy. I then gave him negative feedback and got his in return.

My fault! I did not know how to read "Ebay'ese" (between the lines, PC feedback) on this guy. Never should have dealt with him! I have done only limited trading on Ebay since this episode. I guess I learned something in the process!

sign-rantpost.gif