• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6+ oz of sterling silver (junk..?) - $125 delivered

10 posts in this topic

Sterling silver plate. Actually looks good but has a couple of dings so I'm selling it as junk.

Weighs just over 6 ounces (6.1 or so). Hallmarked .925 & acid tested.

No picture right now but I could add one later tonight if it matters.

Asking $125 (firm), including shipping. Paypal gift only.

Isn't it against the forum guidelines to ask for paypal gift as payment for a service?

It's not even called "PayPal gift" anymore. It's called PayPal Friends and Family. Has been for a few months.

Is the weight troy ounces or avoirdupois? There is a significant difference. Suggest that you clarify as silver prices are usually referenced as troy ounces.

Is the weight troy ounces or avoirdupois? There is a significant difference. Suggest that you clarify as silver prices are usually referenced as troy ounces.

yes they are. these are troy ounces

This is interesting. Can anyone explain the difference?

Avoirdupois weight is the typical way to weigh something i.e. bathroom scale.

Troy ounce is used for precious metals

Avoirdupois ounce = 28.35 grams

Troy ounce = 31.10 grams

Also note that a troy pound is 12 troy ounces not 16.

Hope that helps.

Nick

Isn't it against the forum guidelines to ask for paypal gift as payment for a service?

It's not even called "PayPal gift" anymore. It's called PayPal Friends and Family. Has been for a few months.

And is still against forum rules.