• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTENTION PHILIPPINE & WWII COLLECTORS by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

COME TO THE PHILIPPINE COLLECTORS FORUM (PCF) MEETING: 1PM, FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH IN ROOM #8 CHICAGO CONVENTION CENTER DURING ANA WORLD'S FAIR OF MONEY SHOW

TENTATIVE AGENDA:

1:00-1:15 Ken Seymore: Welcome to the PCF, History of the PCF, and administrative announcements

1:15-1:45 Earl Honeycutt: "Philippine Medals & Tokens: The Path Forward"

1:45-2:00 Neil Shafer Comments on Memphis Lyn Knight Auction of PI JIM Rarities

2:00-2:30 Roger Urce: Santo Tomas Interment Camp during WWII

2:30-3:00 Ken Seymore: What a Recent Combining of Grading Services Population Census Reports Reveals about U.S. Philippine Coinage. Plus Some Population/Price Comparisons with US Coin Rarities

3:00-3:10 Break

3:10-3:50 David T. Alexander, Numismatic Researcher, Harlan J. Berk Ltd: "Collaboration and Conflict: The 1949 Philippiine Presidential Election"

3:50-4:00 John Riley: Philippine Short Snorters?

4:00-4:20 Show and Tell--Bring Your Unusual or Favorite Philippine Item to Tell Us About

4:20-5:00 Door Prize Giveaway--Many nice donations already received--bring more!!

Come and meet your fellow Philippine and WWII collectors and see the exhibits!!

14157.jpg

See more journals by JAA USA/Philippines Collection

I really wish I could be there, but alas circumstances would not allow it this year. The talk by Ken Seymore at 2:30 looks particularly interesting. Please let us know what his conclusions are.

Over the past year or two, we've discussed several varieties that do not have Allen numbers. In particular, the 1944S 50 Centavos with the old stye volcano, and the 1945D 10 Centavos with the doubled "Commonwealth of the Philippines" banner. If you have the opportunity and can find the right person, I'd appreciate it if you could find out what it takes to have a new variety added to the Allen reference guide.

Have a safe trip and enjoy the show!

This issue of JNR will be of interest to Philippine coin collectors.

I’ve added a bonus article to the next issue of the Journal of Numismatic Research (JNR). This issue now includes three features:

SAVING PHILIPPINE GOLD AT THE BEGINNING OF

WORLD WAR II: JANUARY TO MARCH 1942

SILVER DIVERS OF CORREGIDOR

WORLD WAR II: MAY TO NOVEMBER 1942

U.S. MINT & NAZI GOLD, MERKERS KAISERODA SALT MINE TREASURE

WORLD WAR II: JUNE TO AUGUST 1945

Printed copies should be available in about 4 weeks.