• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's the weekend, post a Seated Liberty.

31 posts in this topic

Pretty coins everyone!

JPA928obverse.jpg

JPA928reverse.jpg

Is this a new addition Jason? I don't think you have ever posted this one before. Very nice; I like it.

No, I've had it for a while. It is from the Osburn collection, and is graded 64PL. I've posted it a few times, but I try not to keep reposting the same coins over and over so people don't get tired of them.

Some don't care for dark proofs but this one made me say yes.

20.jpg

21.jpg

I think it has a lot of character, and I like it. I would certainly take this coin over one of the dipped out pieces any day of the week.

A fun new purchase, an 1876 20 cent piece in MS-65 with original surfaces.

When I was a young numismatist, the mintage on this piece, which is 14,640 for the business strikes and 15,900 overall used to fascinate me. It looked low compared to 309,000 for the 1909-S Indian cent which I thought was a "rare coin." Now that 20 cent piece mintage does not seem like such a big deal, although the NET MINT is probably a bit lower. Like the 1876-CC 20 cent piece, a number of the 1876-P coins were melted before they were issued, but fortunately for double dime fanciers, not as many.

187620CtMSO_zpse0838d7c.jpg

187620CtMSR_zpsd7ff6a27.jpg

I don't own many, but here are my two favorites...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SLQPROOF63cam.jpg

SLQPROOF1884camr.jpg

SLHPROOF1884cam.jpg

SLH1884PROOFcamr.jpg

This is a tough little bugger to photograph. I've had a couple of pros take a crack at it, and they agree.

IMG_8819.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

..... the Half Dimes are neat...... but you need really good eye sight to collect them lol ...... can you imagine engraving the Die for one of those ..... definitely wouldn't want to have to start over ... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u