• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth more than FV?

12 posts in this topic

Yes, but probably not much since:

1) They aren't silver

2) They've been mishandled

So, yea they're worth more... but can you get more? That's really the question.

thanks.

i was actually more concerned about the Bank wrapped rolls of presidential dollars. Everything you see has been acquired from the bank at FV.......

The bank wrapped rolls are unopened as you can see

thanks.

i was actually more concerned about the Bank wrapped rolls of presidential dollars. Everything you see has been acquired from the bank at FV.......

The bank wrapped rolls are unopened as you can see

I have seen some sell for modest premiums on eBays, but after shipping and eBay fees, I am not sure it would be worth the effort. I would use eBay to price these.

The Bicentennial half is 40% silver. It is a business strike quality S mint and those only came in the 40% silver three coin mint sets.

I'll have to beg to differ. The 76 half is just a mishandled proof. Even though the contrast is slight, due to the mishandling, there is still quite a bit of proof hiding in the fields. Let the proof be in the pudding though, take a picture of the edge, if there's copper, it's just your everyday normal run of the mill proof.

I've had impaired proofs in quantity for sale at $1.00 each for a while and no one even looked at them. I ended up selling them at FV to a little kid that liked them.

You could sometimes get as much as $4.00 for them on eBay, but after fees and shipping you're not gonna make much. yours are nicer than the ones I had, though.

They are probably worth more than FV but convincing a buyer to pay it is going to be an uphill battle. If you are really eager to get more than FV-put it on CL and keep posting it. It might take forever and you'll have to weed through countless scams and creeps you'll probably find somebody willing to pay you a little premium.

I always thought that the "S" mintmark Kennedy halves come in collector sets. As Condor said the bicentennial is 40% silver coin which is sometimes the case with coins that come in collector sets. I would think on Ebay you could get a small premium over the silver content for it.

About the only place I could sell those would be in my local club auction. I'd get something over face value for them, but not much over.

It interesting to note that coins which were only sold in collector's sets from the mint are now showing up in bank rolls. I had heard this was happening, but I had not seen it first hand. The half dollar has not been made for circulation for a number of years.

The 76 half is not 40%, it is the normal proof, just mishandled. If it were the 40% version it would be a circulation strike and not a proof.