• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLICITING YOU ADVICE AGAIN!!! posted by Eagles-R-it

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2013 Reverse Proof Buffalo

Ok, I have been wondering about the reverse proof Buffalo. It has a restricted ordering time and all, but do the big authorized purchasers get them first again, and at a discounted price as well?

I am looking at getting one being first year of issue and all. What would be best, buy from the Mint? Buy from the after market now or later? Buy one already certified now or later?

I guess I just am not experienced enough about gold buffaloes. I can take a hit on a ASE if I buy wrong but what do you all think?

I feel there will be a good reply to my inexperienced questions.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL BE THE SELLING PRICE BY THE MINT? After market?

Thanks everyone, and by the way I am selling all my MS/PF 69 Modern Commemoratives, they are listed as one of my sets. Selling at my cost plus ship/paypal. Some I got into too high.

Anyway food for thought.

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

Good questions. . . :golfclap:

IMHO, as in playing a game of poker, it is Dealers choice. By this I mean, if you buy your raw R.P.Buffalo do you want to take a chance on submitting to NGC (or, other TPG services) to get a grade of 70, 69 or, even the possible flush-- with details-- ?

When buying from the after market; purchasing a certified graded 70, 69 or, any other grade issures you that you get what you want. The primium then comes into play. I agree with the great Wells and what he said but, closer his mid-expectations-- $75.00. Again, it is how much you are willing to pay.

As to the question about the TV guys or other authorized dealers having first draw; I have not got a clue. I have always visualized one of their staff members nervously sitting at a table at 11:59:59 on the first day of ordering, on speed dial, calling the U.S. Mint to place their orders. I am certain that is not the case but, it is a funny visual; especially if the staff member can not get through on the phone. :makepoint:

Semper Fi !

Best wishes to all who reads this post.

Jack

I was told by the Mint that it was first come first served and after drilling the poor Lady for a good 10 min. I have to believe her. and I learned you don't have to call you can order online so next time I'll be sitting by my laptop phone in hand and hoping one gets me through within the first 5 mins

As far as buying from the mint and rolling the dice next time I may wait or buy one set from the mint and one from a dealer but after getting screwed by the TV guys I'll never even watch there show again. that's mho take it for what its worth.

Happy Collecting and may God Bless....Mike