• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First pic with new camera

5 posts in this topic

I figured with the baby coming that I would splurge and buy a new camera. This is the very first coin pic I have taken with it. I need to play with the lighting and use a tripod, but I think it has much potential.

596068-coins.psd.jpg

It is a Canon Digital Rebel with 100mm Macro lens.

Welcome to the age of sweet pics... Once you learn the camera / lighting your pics will be 2nd to none.. I also have a digital rebel... so if you need any help with any of the settings let me know.... I have learned it pretty well... Congrats on the camera and a nice starter pic....

Here is a pic I took on my desk with no tripod.... (Indoors)

584494-tx35dback.jpg

Dave,

I noticed your post to my thread in the Testing Area for this coin and wondered when it would show up! Now I know!

Yup---just a little work on the lighting and focus and I think you'll have it down in no time!

P.S. Don't forget to turn off the macro setting when doing the baby pics blush.gifblush.gif!!!

David

yes, babies are a great excuse to buy new toys for yourself!!! (I mean to use for the kid of course) grin.gif

I recently got a Olympus 5060 and LOVE it. The wife is figuring out how to use it somewhat too.

I also just picked up a SONY MinDV camcorder.